Burma forum

Burama (Myanmar) Visa on arrival

• Wetton

Joined Travelfish
    24th May, 2014

We are planning a trip to Myanmar (Burma) from New Zealand in August this year, has anyone done the visa on arrival, we aren't keen on sending our Passports to their Embassy in Australia, any ideas would be much appreciated.

#1 Posted: 24/5/2014 - 17:58

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I looked into that late last year, and my understanding is that it's not available for tourists, only business visas. Are you flying into Kuala Lumpur or Bangkok? If so, you can get the visa there. In KL, you can do it one day (drop your passport off in the morning, and pick it up in the afternoon). I *think* the same applied in Bangkok, but you'd have to check. I did a detailed post on the KL process - check through the posts in the Malaysia section around late October/early November 2013.

If you do have to send off to Australia, make sure you allow plenty of time. I seem to recall reading from posts saying that they had to wait for 3-6 weeks maybe, and it was very difficult to contact the embassy there directly to follow up.

#2 Posted: 25/5/2014 - 00:11

• Indo_travel

Joined Travelfish
    25th May, 2014

We went there in Feb 2014 - Mandalay

We had visas but those who hadn't just went to the office got the visa and as there were only a few people they got through immigration very quickly.

Here are some videos you might like of Myanmar http://www.movingpostcards.tv/myanmar

#3 Posted: 25/5/2014 - 13:32

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.