Burma forum

Myanmar E-Visa to be introduced by this year

• jamesantrob-
    us

Joined Travelfish
    10th March, 2014
    Location United Kingdom

This should make things a lot easier. Here's hoping for straightforward visa extensions too.

http://www.mmbiztoday.com/articles/myanmar-e-visa-be-introduced-year-official

#1 Posted: 7/6/2014 - 22:48

• Advertisement

• chengywong

Joined Travelfish
    11th June, 2014

Hi travelers,
    I just came back from Myanmar early this year after a challenging 11-days trip. I hereby would like to share my trip itinerary which we did extensive research. Hope the attached link helps and happy planning.
    http://chengywong.blogspot.com/2014/04/mingalabar-discover-burma-myanmar-in.html

#2 Posted: 11/6/2014 - 19:33

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

applied for the tourist e-visa online at http://evisa.moip.gov.mm & received the tourist visa approval letter (PDF file format) through email on the 4th working day (they promise it within 5 working/business days). USD50 application fee paid online, no refund even if application is rejected - please see the link for more details & FAQ. approval letter is valid for 90 days from date of issue (in my case from 22 Sept 2014 until 21 Dec 2014), & actual tourist visa when issued by immigration on arrival will be for 28 days. approval letter states that (copy & paste i.e. verbatim):

"This Visa is issued to you based on the information provided in the application for which you are truthfully declared to be so or for which you had consented for a proxy to submit on your behalf and are fully aware of the information so provided by your authorized proxy.

This Visa is not an immigration pass. It is a pre-entry permission for you to travel to, and seek entry, into Myanmar. A holder of a valid visa who is found suitable for entry into Myanmar will be issued with an immigration pass to enter and remain in Myanmar.

Possession of a valid Approval Visa alone does not guarantee entry into Myanmar. You must also meet the following entry requirements:
    1. Have a passport with at least 6 months validity,
    2. Have sufficient funds for the period of stay in Myanmar, and
    3. Have confirmed onward / return air ticket(s).

The grant of an immigration pass to you will be determined by the Immigration officers at the point of entry. The period of stay granted is shown on the visit pass endorsement given on your passport and it is not tied to the validity of this visa. Please check your passport for the arrival endorsement period stay granted before leaving the checkpoint."

#3 Posted: 24/9/2014 - 19:25

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Places visited:
    At least 67

forgot to add - will update on how things worked out with the airline & at Yangon airport immigration by mid-Oct.

#4 Posted: 24/9/2014 - 20:57

• Rubakai

Joined Travelfish
    2nd October, 2014

How necessary is the onward travel documentation do you think? I imagine a lot of people don't set a time and a date for a their return.

#5 Posted: 2/10/2014 - 05:18

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Places visited:
    At least 67

already reported by others on another travel forum, but just to add something on travelfish.
    everything went smoothly with the tourist visa approval letter, cleared immigration at Yangon airport pretty quickly.

#5:
    in my case, the immigration officer didn't ask to see my onward/return air ticket. but since it is stated as an entry requirement, the airline might reserve the right to not let you board your flight to Myanmar if you don't have such proof? at the Tiger Airways check-in counter at Yangon airport, two Europeans had to show proof of right of residence in Singapore before the airline would let them check in for their flight to Singapore without an onward flight ticket out of Singapore.

#6 Posted: 6/10/2014 - 13:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.