Burma forum

How tough are the Keng Tung Treks?

• artyguy

Joined Travelfish
    16th August, 2014

Anyone know the weather in November? What to wear? And the level of trek this is. Moderate? Or Extreme?

**Here is what one guide says after my prodding to find out how steep I am to expect:**

At Pin Tauk area, the climb is around 100 meters up, total walk from a village to another is around 3 hours.

At Lahu Shi area, the climb is around 400 meters steep , one way 3 hours walk up, total walk is over 5 hours.

Ho Kyim area, the climb is 1 hour over 150 meters steep, but after the trek around the villages, 2 hours down from 1200 meters to 900 meters.

Wan Nyag Wan Sen area, 1:30 hours climb over 200 meters high to Wan Nyag, another hour walk up over 100 meters. Total walk is nearly 5 hours.

Some of the options do seem strenuous! Common sense tells me I can go at my own pace. Rest when I need to. But still some of these treks seem challenging. Has anyone experience or knows what level these treks are?

I consider myself a healthy 65 year old man, but def not 35 year old. So wonder what kind of people do these treks? Any advice?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 22/8/2014 - 15:22

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
3 day Keng Tung Trek, difficulties in trek,cost, and hotel suggestion ... By artyguy on 16 Aug 2014 0 525 16 Aug 2014