Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Burma forum

How tough are the Keng Tung Treks?

Posted by artyguy on 22/8/2014 at 15:22

Anyone know the weather in November? What to wear? And the level of trek this is. Moderate? Or Extreme?

**Here is what one guide says after my prodding to find out how steep I am to expect:**

At Pin Tauk area, the climb is around 100 meters up, total walk from a village to another is around 3 hours.

At Lahu Shi area, the climb is around 400 meters steep , one way 3 hours walk up, total walk is over 5 hours.

Ho Kyim area, the climb is 1 hour over 150 meters steep, but after the trek around the villages, 2 hours down from 1200 meters to 900 meters.

Wan Nyag Wan Sen area, 1:30 hours climb over 200 meters high to Wan Nyag, another hour walk up over 100 meters. Total walk is nearly 5 hours.

Some of the options do seem strenuous! Common sense tells me I can go at my own pace. Rest when I need to. But still some of these treks seem challenging. Has anyone experience or knows what level these treks are?

I consider myself a healthy 65 year old man, but def not 35 year old. So wonder what kind of people do these treks? Any advice?

Thanks

#1 artyguy has been a member since 16/8/2014. Posts: 17

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.