Buy/Sell motorbikes forum

Scooter for sale for $45 - Hanoi

• RobyD

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi,

I am selling my automatic 100cc scooter. I bought this in Hoi An and rode all the way up to Hanoi on it via the Ho Chi Minh Highway (which is amazing!). It didn't have any problems apart from a pit stop needed after a bad batch of petrol. My friend on his Honda Win had the same problem. Prior to me having it an american guy rode from Ho Chi Minh to Hoi An on it and i think a guy from belgium used it before that. It has some lovely flower graphics on it so very early on i decided to call her Rosie, i got some funny looks from people but it all added to the fun.

This is a a cheap bike for someone to use hence it is not perfect. The bike struggles a bit when you try and go fast but if your patient its fine! We would travel along at 60-70 kph which is fine for vietnamese roads - obviously on hills its a bit slower! I didn't mind too much, the views are awesome :) Also, the exhaust came loose and is now quite loud. I travelled around since Phanh Nha Ke bang national park with it like this but could be fixed easily enough i reckon.

The bike is showing approximately 22,000km. I'm not actually sure of the brand but i think its from china. All the electrics seem to work apart from the dipped beam light, the high beam works fine which was good for me.

All this for $45 !!!!

Would like to sell today (thursday 15th) as im planning to go to halong day tomorrow for a few days. I think travelling by motorbike through vietnam is the best way, we didn't see tourists for days and we saw some amazing places. Bike also comes with a few basic tools, one strap and a decent pink poncho :-)

Im staying in the Old Quarters Backpackers in Luong Ngoc Quyen Street. My vietnamese phone number is 01264211432 and email is robdalton101@yahoo.co.uk.

Cheers

Rob

#1 Posted: 14/11/2012 - 21:35

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

This post has been locked by the moderator.