Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

booking flights when in cambodia

• laallee

Joined Travelfish
    27th April, 2009

we plan to book our flights from PP-SR-HCMC whilst in cambodia, leaving a 48 hr window between flights, will this be feasible in july and will it be less expensive than using a uk agent. we tried it in 2009 in vietnam and it was cheap and easy using vietnam airlines, thanks, lee.

#1 Posted: 26/3/2010 - 01:14

• Advertisement

• Indoluso

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Hello,

Do you mean that when you were in Vietnam you bought tickets locally, which ended up being cheaper than buying them through the internet?

Cheers!

#2 Posted: 26/3/2010 - 05:21

• laallee

Joined Travelfish
    27th April, 2009

yes indoluso.
    booking our flights in vietnam was lots cheaper than prices we were given on the vietnam airlines website. maybe they boost bookings originating from outside vietnam. we asked one hotel to book locally for us before we arrived in vietnam and they too got a much better price than i could on the website.

#3 Posted: 28/3/2010 - 16:27

• Indoluso

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

Great news!

Cheers!

#4 Posted: 28/3/2010 - 17:00

• laallee

Joined Travelfish
    27th April, 2009

you are welcome! no one seems to be able to answer my query,
    ive contacted one of my hotels in cambodia to see if they can get me the details of a reliable cambodian travel agent.

#5 Posted: 28/3/2010 - 17:46

• Indoluso

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2009

I think that doing it through a uk agent will always be more expensive... but as I've never been in the area, can't give you better help, sorry...

Good luck!

#6 Posted: 28/3/2010 - 20:36

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

Fights are easy to book in Cambodia, particularly if there are only one or two of you. The flights from Cambodia to Vietnam though are expensive when compared to internal flights in either country. If you are just doing the HCMC, PP, SR you should be fine. We had to book ahead for a flight SR to Dalat, only one airline flys that route and then only once a week, so we paid a premium,

#7 Posted: 30/3/2010 - 14:31

• laallee

Joined Travelfish
    27th April, 2009

thanks kaz, ive been in contact with a couple of PP based agents, they are a whole lot cheaper than using a UK one. ive decided to get one of our hotels to buy the tickets for me, just to save the hassle of faxing my "details" to all and sundry.
    laallee

#8 Posted: 30/3/2010 - 22:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.