Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Guesthouse accomodation Siem Reap for a family of 4.

• coopsnpeps

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010

HI there,

I am hoping to get some ideas for accom for our trip to Siem Reap in November.

WE are a family of 4.( kids aged 5 and 2.5)

I am hoping for something around $50-60 a night.

I am looking for a smallish guesthouse all on one level as such or even just one or two steps.
    (Or just some rooms at ground level and restaurant on ground level)
    Bungalow type rooms and a pool.

WE are happy in one room with a King Bed.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Bron

#1 Posted: 27/3/2010 - 10:32

• Advertisement

• patrickobri-
    en

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2010

Bron

In December 2009 we stayed at Mekong Angkor Palace, we have two children aged 8 and 5. The room had three double beds and we arranged for an extra trundle bed.

The room was usd40 including usd5 for the additional trundle bed. The hotel is set back from the main road, had good proximity to the town centre, ie about usd1 in a tuk tuk, and had a pool and air con.

The hotel was clean, safe and cheap. It is not a guesthouse but for our family it was good.

Patrick

#2 Posted: 27/3/2010 - 15:53

• coopsnpeps

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010

Thanks Patrick,

I will take a look and thanks for your time in replying.
    I am hoping for something that is in town so it's a matter of walking not too far and something that is as floor level as possible as my son uses a wheelchair. I am well aware that things will not be "accessible" as such but as easy as possible to move from room to food and street would be good! :)

Bron

#3 Posted: 27/3/2010 - 16:57

• Okidokie

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010

We stayed at the Encore Angkor in July. We have two kids who were 7 and 5 at the time. We booked two rooms next toeach other for about $30 each. The place was very secure and nicely appointed - very comfortable and the pool was refreshing!

The location was right in the heart of Siem Reap - next to the night market and a block away from Pub Street. But it was just far enough off a side road that noise was not an issue.

Later, we stayed at the Central Boutique Angkor. We liked this one even better because the rooms were adjoining. It was about $5 more per room than the Encore but it was worth it for the peace of mind of having your family in connecting rooms. Again, it had great location nearby everything and a nice pool. Great breakfasts were included at both guesthouses.

One other place we stayed was the Angkor Spirit. It had nice big rooms and was much cheaper, but it was far from the center of Siem Reap. You had to tuk-tuk in if you wanted to get there. It was very quiet because it was outside of town, but it felt like we were away from the action and the lively feel of being where the people were.

#4 Posted: 16/11/2010 - 19:32

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Siem reap Family midrange hotel ... By quennoo on 22 Mar 2012 4 2167 27 Mar 2012
Siem Reap Accomodation ... By bartos on 5 Feb 2013 3 2275 8 Feb 2013
Accomodation in Siem Reap ... By yowie on 19 Oct 2007 8 3651 6 Nov 2007
Siem Reap guesthouse ... By tuy on 22 Jan 2006 5 3054 7 Apr 2006
new guesthouse siem reap ... By lefromager on 26 Oct 2012 0 1776 26 Oct 2012
guesthouse in Siem Reap ... By kilat on 6 Oct 2007 1 2212 6 Oct 2007
Accomodation in Phnom Penh near the place where the boat for Siem Reap leaves??? ... By sprengja on 21 Nov 2007 2 2446 25 Nov 2007
German run guesthouse in siem reap ... By BayonGarden on 11 Jan 2012 0 2058 11 Jan 2012
again very friendly guesthouse in siem reap ... By marigeri on 15 Jan 2007 0 2915 15 Jan 2007
lovely guesthouse in siem reap ... By lovelygh on 24 Sep 2008 2 4119 9 Oct 2008