Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Seng Hout Hotel in Battambang?

• Archmichael

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 2

Has anyone stayed at or know anything about a hotel in Battambang called Seng Hout? I understand it was just built in 2008, and is directly across from Psar Nat.

#1 Posted: 14/4/2010 - 09:04

• Advertisement

• Wozzer

Joined Travelfish
    23rd January, 2010

Yes, I stayed there last November for one night. My $12 room was very small, but clean and it had a small balcony - on the front side of the hotel. Depends how you like to stay/travel. Probably a good idea to ask and see a room or two! Khemera 1, although a bit outa the town centre is really nice at maybe $18 or 20 including brekkie. Has a smart pool and very comfortable beds! Try and blag a room with a balcony in the annexe building (the one opposite reception).

#2 Posted: 18/4/2010 - 20:55

• Archmichael

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2008
    Location Global Village

Thanks, Wozzer!

Is Khemera 1 the place near Sky Disco and Cold Night Restaurant, along NH5? Does look to be out from the centre a ways. You probably were able to get a tuk tuk into the market area, for example, pretty easily from there?

#3 Posted: 18/4/2010 - 22:01

• Wozzer

Joined Travelfish
    23rd January, 2010

Sky Disco? Blimey, I've no idea! At my age, I've more chance of pulling a muscle or a slipped disc than pulling in a disco;-)
    I know it's maybe 2km from the town, generally had tuk-tuks outside. I had a really good driver, let me know if you want his number.

#4 Posted: 18/4/2010 - 22:20

• Archmichael

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2008
    Location Global Village

Sounds like the place. Sure.....send me the guy's contact information. Always good to have.

#5 Posted: 18/4/2010 - 23:01

• dano_b

Joined Travelfish
    20th December, 2009
    Total reviews: 5

I recently stayed at Seng Hout and thought it was one of the cleanest hotels we saw in all our travels. The rooms were plain but spotless and fresh! I think we paid 12 or 15$ for a 2 person room. Make sure to check out the rooftop balcony/patio if you go...it's a little known area and we had it to ourselves the entire time (and wouldn't have known about it if it weren't for our tuktuk driver!).

#6 Posted: 19/4/2010 - 06:54

• Archmichael

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2008
    Location Global Village

Thanks, Dano!

#7 Posted: 19/4/2010 - 07:20

• Archmichael

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2008
    Location Global Village

So, Somtam:

Does this Stuart_Mike person qualify for the newly-created (by me) SuperTout post?

#8 Posted: 16/9/2010 - 10:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.