Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

best island for relax

• stvstv

Joined Travelfish
    13th March, 2009

Hello dear, I'll be in Cambodia in December / January.
    Which is the best island in the south to spend 5 / 6 days in relax.
    Thanks for help
    Stv

#1 Posted: 21/4/2010 - 20:26

• Advertisement

• thewayitis

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2010

Have you heard about bamboo island near Sihanoukville for instance?May you check out the youtube contributions.

#2 Posted: 22/4/2010 - 02:30

• patrickien

Click here to learn more about patrickien
    Joined Travelfish
    21st July, 2009
    Location Netherlands

We went in march to Koh Rung island on a trip arranged by an aussie guy Paul, you can find him at the cool Banana Guesthouse close to the Golden lions roundabout in Sihanoukville, a girlfriend of his was just starting up with 4 treehouse bungalows and a small restarant, if you want peace and qiuet then this place is a must, we had an amazing time there. can definitly recomend it. Bamboo islands got pretty busy nowadays!
    This place might be primitive but its private and peacefull

#3 Posted: 23/4/2010 - 04:29

• stvstv

Joined Travelfish
    13th March, 2009

Thank you very much Patrickien,
    Can you help me to contact these people?
    Stv

#4 Posted: 23/4/2010 - 15:35

• patrickien

Click here to learn more about patrickien
    Joined Travelfish
    21st July, 2009
    Location Netherlands

Hello Stv, Ive only got the details of Pauls partner he should be able to help you out,
    Cool Banana Travel
    Ratanak Koem ( Mr Kem) E-mail ratanakkem@yahoo.com
    tel.(855)34 934 473 fax.427

good luck

#5 Posted: 23/4/2010 - 17:06

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

or you could try this place, Jonty's packed it in now but his partner is still running the camp
    http://www.jontysjunglecamp.com/

#6 Posted: 25/4/2010 - 02:51

• misterwoods

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2009

If you want peace and quiet with a slice of paradise - check out Rabbit Island (Koh Tonsay) off Kep...

#7 Posted: 26/4/2010 - 18:35

• ms1892

Joined Travelfish
    23rd December, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

I can wholeheartedly recommend Phu Quoc. I know its technically in Vietnam (although this is contested by Cambodia) but I found this place just incredible.

The easiest way (aside from flying) is to take a boat from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc. I paid 15 dollars for the boat. The next day you should take the bus to Rach Gia ($4/5) and jump on the fast boat (Sorry i cant remember the cost!). Its a bit of a trek to get to but it is so beautiful. Plus the boat down the Mekong from PP to Chao Doc has some excellent scenery, particularly once you cross into Vietnam.

Just be sure to remember that the Vietnam visa is not available on arrival at Chao Doc and must be arranged in advance. It cost me $42 for a 30 day visa which was turned around in 2 days but my guest house in Phnom Penh.

#8 Posted: 26/4/2010 - 22:54

• stvstv

Joined Travelfish
    13th March, 2009

I was at Phu Quoc in January 2009, very beautiful place (I recommend Sea Star Resort).
    This year I want to stay in Cambodia.
    Thank you all for good ideas that are giving me.
    Stv

#9 Posted: 27/4/2010 - 19:06

• mrparanoid

Joined Travelfish
    2nd June, 2008

Koh Tunsay outside Kep is very, very relaxing. Cheap (very basic) accommodation and not too many tourists (yet!) But it's absolutely no party place. Strictly relaxing. Beautiful island. Many Khmers there in the weekends. If you want to stay in Cambodia, there's not many islands to choose from. Mainly Koh Tunsay and Koh Kong I would think.

Koh Tunsay wins hands down in my opinion. Search flickr, travelblog or google images for pictures.

Good Luck!

#10 Posted: 13/5/2010 - 01:24

• Advertisement

• mrparanoid

Joined Travelfish
    2nd June, 2008

I got that wrong.. I now see you wanted to stay in the south.. Koh Kong is of course not in the south.

Apart from Koh Tunsay there are a couple of others down by Sihanoukville. Ko Ta Kiev, Ko Craloh, and Ko Russei.

#11 Posted: 13/5/2010 - 01:32

• abc

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Can anyone pls tell me what one can expect to pay per night on these islands and what you get?Thanks

#12 Posted: 21/6/2010 - 21:06

• stvstv

Joined Travelfish
    13th March, 2009

coasters@camintel.com email me this answers:

The bungalows on the island they are $ 15 per night and they are locate on the sun rise side.
    The resort is called Beam Bamboo.

I hope I have helped you
    ciao

#13 Posted: 21/6/2010 - 22:11

• shiffersmith

Joined Travelfish
    8th July, 2010

Cambodia is the world famous for it's world largest reptile called "Cambodo Dragon",if wants to see them then Cambodo Island is the one and only on plave in Cambodia.

ferienhaus spanien | Costa Brava

#14 Posted: 8/7/2010 - 11:48

• stvstv

Joined Travelfish
    13th March, 2009

Dear shiffersmith,
    may be you meant “komodo Island” but is in Indonesia……..

Wait my arrive on the island.

#15 Posted: 8/7/2010 - 13:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.