Cambodia forum

Siem Reap Tour Rate

• Babalugats

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 17

I plan to visit Angkor Thom, Bayon, Terrace of the Elephants and Ta Phrom next month (June 17 to be specific). I met a tuk tuk driver on Facebook who said that his price for that itinerary is 15 US dollars.

It will be my first time to visit Siem Reap, so I have no idea if his rate is reasonable or not. I'll appreciate your replies on this. Thank you.

#1 Posted: 17/5/2010 - 18:47

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

That sounds about right to me -- you'll find them for less, but $15 not bad.

#2 Posted: 18/5/2010 - 10:32

• Babalugats

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 17

My itinerary isn't final yet, as I learned from this site that there are many ruins to visit. I'll make up my mind right before my departure to Vietnam. But I already made my reservation at Palm Garden Villa. Somtam2000 and Mosza, thanks a heap!

#3 Posted: 19/5/2010 - 01:33

• Bocomo

Joined Travelfish
    22nd May, 2009

Yes that is right, though I paid 14$ and my driver took me to a lot more temples.the further you get from the main temples, the more it cost. I can pass along his info if needed. Get water or drinks before you go as the cost goes up slightly aroun the temples

#4 Posted: 24/5/2010 - 19:33

• Babalugats

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 17

That would be great, Bocomo. Thanks a lot! I plan to bring 350 US dollars for the trip; I'll be traveling around central and southern Vietnam before going to Siem Reap. I don't know if that amount is enough, but I'll bring along my credit card just in case.

#5 Posted: 25/5/2010 - 11:38

• Bocomo

Joined Travelfish
    22nd May, 2009

His name was Leang Hak. E-mail is leanghak729@yahoo.com
    I'm sure he could pick you up at airport and take you to the guesthouse. I have phone number too, if needed. Let me know if you needed additional info.

#6 Posted: 27/5/2010 - 20:57

• Babalugats

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 17

That would be great. Thanks a lot! I look forward to Siem Reap. I don't mind if it's raining there.

#7 Posted: 31/5/2010 - 12:39

• samh90

Joined Travelfish
    13th May, 2010

Siem Reap is brilliant, you'll have a great time.
    Our Tuk Tuk driver would charge us between $10-15 varying if we wanted him to pick us up at half 4 for the sunsets and he would just take us anywhere we wanted all day and would even wait while we had dinner on the way home.

The key for us was one who could speak decent english, they know some interesting local knowledge which can be very helpful. Also, our driver always had an ice box full of bottles of water which was a nice touch, although you can buy two bottles for a dollar around the temples.

I have the guys card somewhere if you do want it I can dig it out, but generally everyone I spoke to said that there tuk tuk driver was really friendly and helpful so dont worry if you dont have a driver booked before you get there.

#8 Posted: 31/5/2010 - 14:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Siem Reap Daily Tour ... By bensiemreap on 22 Feb 2010 1 1882 30 Jul 2010
visitcambo.com Siem Reap tour guide ... By visitcambo on 26 Aug 2010 0 2308 26 Aug 2010
Tour or car from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap ... By suzienichols on 1 Oct 2012 6 4987 17 Dec 2012