Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Bus from Siem Reap to Battambang

• dandav

Joined Travelfish
    25th October, 2007
    Location Australia

Hi All,
    Does anyone have any suggestions on which bus company and how much for an A/C Bus and is this suitable for a 54y/o travelling alone?
    Any GOOD standard a/c hotel/accom in Battambang?
    How about a good tuk-tuk driver to take me around for 2 days?

#1 Posted: 20/5/2010 - 10:29

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Not sure on cost of bus off the top of my head, but for accommodation, see the accom section on our Battambang section. The Banan is good, Teo is aged, but going steady. If you want a splurge, La Villa is where it's at.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 20/5/2010 - 13:30

• mrparanoid

Joined Travelfish
    2nd June, 2008

Phnom Penh Soriya Bus Company is decent enough I think.. Should be about $5, and takes 3 hours or so out of your day. From 6.30 in the morn until 13.00 or 14.00 (?) At least 6 or 7 departures.

#3 Posted: 21/5/2010 - 14:27

• KazAussie

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2009

Hi I don't recall the name of the bus company but a good air-conditioned mini bus is not hard to find, about 2.5 hours.

For the best tuk tuk driver in Battambang try Sun Saveth . Saveth is a full time tuk tuk driver with very good English and a passion for his country as well as a great knowledge of the local area.

We met Saveth when we volunteered to teach at his school over Christmas. The School is located in a small village just outside Battambang. Saveth and some volunteer Cambodian teachers open an afternoon school (3 to 6pm) to teach kids English. They are assisted by volunteers who can choose to stay for as little or as long a time as they choose. We had a fantastic time (we are both 50 and were with our 21 year old son), it gave us the opportunity to connect with locals, do some good, and learn about the Khmere culture.

If you want to check it out, the school's web-site is http://www.kngo-home.org/. If you have a bit of time it is well worth while doing.

Cheers

Kaz

#4 Posted: 21/5/2010 - 14:43

• catepoe

Joined Travelfish
    18th October, 2013
    Location United States

Hello Everyone --

Any suggestions: We're about to head into the area (early December) and are trying to navigate bus transport. Specifically, to determine whether it makes any difference on whether to travel from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap and then Battambang or Phnom Penh to Battambang to Siem Reap?

Previous posts are very thorough, so no need to repeat what you've said. Just checking because it seems things can change in unexpected ways. Thanks!

#5 Posted: 19/10/2013 - 09:20

• lemckeow

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2014
    Places visited:
    At least 39

Hi, I caught the bus from Siem Reap to Battambang the other day for $6.50 with Capitol Buses. I'd also checked with Mekong Express (as I'd used them before to cross from Phnom Penh to Saigon and they were great) but they didn't have a service from Siem Reap to Battambang.
    I caught the 9:30am bus and had to be at the Capitol Buses Ticket office (cnr Streets 10 & 9, near the Night Market) at 9:00am. A little bit of a wait before we all squashed into a small van that took us 5 mins down the road to the bus terminal. A range of buses here so check the sign in the front of their windows to make sure you get on the right bus, and check your ticket for your seat number to check that you sit on the right seat.

The trip took about 3.5hrs total including a 20min stop. The stop seemed a little weird as the bus pulled up in a town (sorry, didn't catch the name) and we were told that we were having a rest stop of 20mins. We all got off and stood around on the footpath. The bus then drove off. 20 mins later it returned, we all got back on and continued on. No problems.

On arrival at Battambang, we firstly arrived at a bus terminal a bit out from the centre of town. The tuk-tuks will be here to meet you and will give you all sorts of spin but you're ticket has already paid for you to grab your bags and get onto the next bus (which like I said is included in the cost of your original ticket). This next bus takes you right into Battambang centre (La He Street).
    A very easy trip overall.

#6 Posted: 5/11/2014 - 04:49

• GattinaRosa

Joined Travelfish
    28th July, 2014

Posted from within Vietnam.

We recently travelled with Rith Mony from Siem Reap to Battambang after our hotel booked tickets for us. After checking this company out, we read a lot about their awful safety record and poor levels of service.

I was worried about using them but we did get there in one piece. Some of the driving was questionable and the bus wasn't brilliant (at one point I was a staff member hitting the side of it with a spanner.... Goodness knows what he was fixing!!) - but travelling via bus in Asia is always full of both ups and downs.

We have used Mekong Express (both the mini bus from Battambang to PP and the big bus from PP to HCMC) and we've been very impressed both times.

#7 Posted: 16/11/2014 - 21:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Battambang to Siem Reap ... By dvgainer on 4 May 2006 7 2578 5 May 2006
Siem Reap to Battambang ... By steviej on 1 Dec 2006 6 3838 14 Dec 2006
Phu Quoc to Battambang / Siem Reap ... By djkeith on 9 Jan 2012 0 1635 9 Jan 2012
Boat - Siem Reap to Battambang ... By SteinOfOrange on 25 Nov 2010 4 9942 19 Oct 2013
Boat from Siem Reap to Battambang ... By Ashe88 on 30 Dec 2007 2 3799 30 Dec 2007
From Siem Reap via Battambang to Koh Chang ... By mjldsk on 6 Jan 2009 5 9173 2 Feb 2009
Christmas in Siem Reap or Battambang ... By KazAussie on 9 Dec 2009 1 2975 10 Dec 2009
Phnom Penh to Battambang then to Siem Reap... ... By meeshakar on 3 Feb 2012 2 3132 10 Feb 2012
Cambodia - Boat from Siem Reap to Battambang during February ... By losligato on 1 Feb 2007 3 2744 3 Feb 2007
Battambang to Bangkok or Siem Reap to Bangkok ... By tinoh on 19 Feb 2010 4 7453 17 Sep 2010