Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

backpacker accommodation in sihanoukville, cambodia

• bakpakk

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2010
    Location Cameroon

hey guys, i am a 22 yr old backpacker traveling through south east asia. i am currently in phnom penh and i am wondering if you guys have any recommendations for accommodation in sihanoukville. i am looking for a more party-oriented area with lots of backpackers. thanks

p.s i am using a japanese keyboard and i cannot figure out the caps lock function. just fyi because i know some people here are very particular about grammar

#1 Posted: 8/6/2010 - 08:27

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Best to head directly to Ocheuteal/Serendipity beach area.
    There you will find what you're looking for.

If you get off at the Golden Lion roundabout there is a road going uphill where most of the backpacker scene is located. Or tell moto/tuk tuk to drop you of at Monkey Republic/Beach Road Hotel/Utopia/Mick & Graig's. Then you're right in the middle of things.

It's not my scene so I do not have any useful information on best/cheapest places and so on

#2 Posted: 8/6/2010 - 13:23

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

indeed eastwest, that's the backpackers area. in particular Utopia. If you get a hamburger here you can sleep for free. at least that was the thing last year. I stayed at another guesthouse (Souvhanaphoum) or something like that, really nice GH with TV only $5 a night (it's in the same area).

#3 Posted: 9/6/2010 - 15:28

• bakpakk

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2010
    Location Cameroon

Thanks guys. I had a blast at Ocheuteal/Serendipity beach area. Much appreciated.

#4 Posted: 20/6/2010 - 11:25

• eidoos77

Joined Travelfish
    18th June, 2010

That is good information to head directly to Ocheuteal/Serendipity beach area.
    There you will find what you're looking for cheep places to stay and food at reasonable prices. Eidoos77.

#5 Posted: 28/6/2010 - 10:45

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Past the shagging lions walk down the intentionally crappy access road to the beach (Serendipity) and at the sand turn right. Walk to the end to Cloud Nine http://www.cloud9bungalows.com. Usually $10-15 and some bungalows have ocean views. Not the cheapest on that beach but well worth a couple extra bucks.

#6 Posted: 2/7/2010 - 15:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Backpacker Accomodation In Sihanoukville, Koh Tao And Koh Phangan ... By hayden1988 on 12 Nov 2010 4 2678 4 Dec 2010
Backpacker Accommodation options? ... By chicoelnino on 26 Jan 2011 3 3786 5 May 2011
Backpacker accommodation all gone? confused. ... By SamJames on 14 Mar 2014 65 3228 3 Apr 2014