Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

backpacker accommodation in sihanoukville, cambodia

Posted by bakpakk on 8/6/2010 at 08:27

hey guys, i am a 22 yr old backpacker traveling through south east asia. i am currently in phnom penh and i am wondering if you guys have any recommendations for accommodation in sihanoukville. i am looking for a more party-oriented area with lots of backpackers. thanks

p.s i am using a japanese keyboard and i cannot figure out the caps lock function. just fyi because i know some people here are very particular about grammar

#1 bakpakk has been a member since 4/4/2010. Location: Cameroon. Posts: 38

Posted by eastwest on 8/6/2010 at 13:23

Best to head directly to Ocheuteal/Serendipity beach area.
There you will find what you're looking for.

If you get off at the Golden Lion roundabout there is a road going uphill where most of the backpacker scene is located. Or tell moto/tuk tuk to drop you of at Monkey Republic/Beach Road Hotel/Utopia/Mick & Graig's. Then you're right in the middle of things.

It's not my scene so I do not have any useful information on best/cheapest places and so on

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778

Posted by svendj on 9/6/2010 at 15:28

indeed eastwest, that's the backpackers area. in particular Utopia. If you get a hamburger here you can sleep for free. at least that was the thing last year. I stayed at another guesthouse (Souvhanaphoum) or something like that, really nice GH with TV only $5 a night (it's in the same area).

#3 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Where has svendj been? 

Posted by bakpakk on 20/6/2010 at 11:25

Thanks guys. I had a blast at Ocheuteal/Serendipity beach area. Much appreciated.

#4 bakpakk has been a member since 4/4/2010. Location: Cameroon. Posts: 38

Posted by eidoos77 on 28/6/2010 at 10:45

That is good information to head directly to Ocheuteal/Serendipity beach area.
There you will find what you're looking for cheep places to stay and food at reasonable prices. Eidoos77.

#5 eidoos77 has been a member since 18/6/2010. Posts: 9

Posted by Captain_Bob on 2/7/2010 at 15:35

Past the shagging lions walk down the intentionally crappy access road to the beach (Serendipity) and at the sand turn right. Walk to the end to Cloud Nine http://www.cloud9bungalows.com. Usually $10-15 and some bungalows have ocean views. Not the cheapest on that beach but well worth a couple extra bucks.

#6 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,824

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.