Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Siem Reap - Bamboo Island

• imrun

Joined Travelfish
    14th June, 2010

Hi Guys,

I'm travelling out to Siem Reap and wish to head down to the islands as well.

I heard that there are night buses operating from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville. Where can i purchase those tickets. And how long are the journeys. Are there any other alternatives?

Also, once at Sihanoukville, how do i make my way to Bamboo Island? Where can i purchase boat tickets and accomodations etc.

Lastly, apart from Bamboo Island, what nearby islands are great to go to?

Your comments and help are much appreciated!! :)

#1 Posted: 14/6/2010 - 11:00

• Advertisement

• Bocomo

Joined Travelfish
    22nd May, 2009

It is easy just ask someone, either your guesthouse, tuk-tuk. travel ticket places are all over. It is not very long, may be seven or eight hours. You can always bus to Phnom Penh, hangout there for a night, then bus to Sihanouk ville the next day.
    Once in Sihanouk ville you will most likely be offered trips to Bamboo island before your have a chance to ask. If not, ask your guesthouse or head to the beach, most places on the beach can hook it up easily.

Head south to Kampot or Kep and go to rabbit island.

#2 Posted: 17/6/2010 - 01:37

• bakpakk

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2010
    Location Cameroon

The bus ride from Siem reap to Phnom Penh is quite long. I stopped at Phnom Penh for 2 days and then headed down to Sihanouk ville. While you are in Sihanoukville, it is quite easy to get to Bamboo island. Travel agencies everywhere offer rides to Bamboo island. I got a full day trip to and from Bamboo Island from 8:00am to 4pm for 13 USD.

#3 Posted: 20/6/2010 - 11:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Koh Russei/Bamboo Island ... By bangkokmillie on 6 Jan 2008 7 6878 29 Feb 2012
Koh Russei - Bamboo Island ... By shadek on 28 Dec 2009 1 2837 29 Dec 2009
Bamboo - new guesthouse on Phu Quoc Island ... By vungbaubay on 21 Jan 2010 1 5417 21 Jan 2010