Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Cambodia - Vietnam - China Beijing

• nana

Joined Travelfish
    3rd November, 2006

Hi there

Does anyone knows how to get to Vietnam from Cambodia (by buses, boat or trains)? Can I get a visa at the border?

I will be travelling from singapore - malaysia - thailand - cambodia - vietnam - china beijing - lhasa (air transport are definitely no no). I will be travelling alone, are there anything I should look out for?

I have left out laos, dunno if it's a good idea?

Thanks.

#1 Posted: 4/11/2006 - 15:13

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi nana,

You'll need your visa for Vietnam before you get to the border -- you cen easily get it in Phnom Penh. The most popular crossing is via Moc Bai -- road crossing -- this is used by all the buses heading from Phnom Penh to Saigon. The second popular route is to go via Chau Doc by boat in which case there are daily boats from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc and then onwards transport to Saigon.

Take a look at the FAQ post in the visa and border crossing section -- most of this is sumarised there anyways.

#2 Posted: 4/11/2006 - 17:26

• nana

Joined Travelfish
    3rd November, 2006

Hi somtam

Is there any particular bus station in Phnon Penh to take the buses to Saigon?

How long does it takes to get the vietnam visa processed in Phnon Penh and where is the embassy located?

Thanks

#3 Posted: 5/11/2006 - 13:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.