Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Leonard Cohen in November

• theshortest-
    fuse

Joined Travelfish
    1st May, 2010

Hello,
    Did you all hear that Leonard Cohen will be playing at the Olympic Stadium in PP this November? I am already going to be in Cambodia for 3 weeks beginning on July 2, but now feel I need to return in November to catch this once-in-a-lifetime concert! :D

#1 Posted: 23/6/2010 - 17:54

• Advertisement

• theshortest-
    fuse

Joined Travelfish
    1st May, 2010

Here's the media release:

http://www.globalgiving.org/pfil/2520/Leonard_Cohen__Live_in_Phnom_Penh__International_Media_Release__June_17_2010.pdf

#2 Posted: 23/6/2010 - 18:00

• CunningMcFar

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2004
    Total reviews: 45

that is very interesting news indeed
    we saw him here at home in Oakland last year, was an absolutely stellar show, the musicians were outstanding and of course his stage presence is legendary.

he's a devout Buddhist, and while in residency at a monastery in Southern California for several years, his business manager absconded with over 5 million $$, leaving him nearly destitute. I guess he was pretty much forced to go back on the road for financial reasons, but what a stroke of luck for his fans worldwide.

#3 Posted: 23/6/2010 - 23:10

• mrdome

Joined Travelfish
    3rd May, 2008
    Total reviews: 2

They are being a bit coy about showing the ticket prices on the AEG live website and it is no surprise why when you see that tickets range from US$300 to $600!

To compare, he just played here in my hometown last week and it cost 70 Euros.

#4 Posted: 23/8/2010 - 18:59

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

These prices have been discussed on other boards and most people are baffled why the price seems so high.Does LC know the typical Cambodian salary? I expect the only people able to afford these prices will be the nouveau riche and NGOs.I can't see many travellers going at that price.

#5 Posted: 23/8/2010 - 21:11

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

These prices have been discussed on other boards and most people are baffled why the price seems so high.Does LC know the typical Cambodian salary? I expect the only people able to afford these prices will be the nouveau riche and NGOs.I can't see many travellers going at that price.

#6 Posted: 23/8/2010 - 21:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.