Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Travelling from Phnom Penh to Kep

• torilou

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2010

Hi all

Just looking into the journey from PP to Kep (which I realise is via Kampot). Has anyone done this journey? If so, who did you use and what was it like? Ive, worryingly, just read the roads are bad, as are the buses, so am worried about who/what to use when booking!

Tori

#1 Posted: 23/6/2010 - 20:25

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I did the trip earlier this year, and it's fine. I think it was a 5-6 hour trip by memory (maybe 4-5?). We organised a bus from a local tour agent down by the river in PP. The bus wasn't the flashest, but it was fine. The roads were also fine. We had a stop somewhere along the way where you could buy snacks, use a toilet, etc.

I wouldn't worry about it. Just organise a bus ticket for one of the major bus companies. Cost may have been $5-7.

#2 Posted: 24/6/2010 - 03:20

• yogakhaolak

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2010

There are buses quite frequently to Kampot. Best way is to go to the bus station. All buses leave from here so you can have a look at each companies schedule.....Roads are perfectly fine, as are buses.

#3 Posted: 4/7/2010 - 10:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travelling from Ho Chi Min to Phnom Penh ... By donnaansell on 1 Oct 2007 3 4175 3 Oct 2007
Any recommendations for travelling from Phnom Penh to Can Tho ... By alaingiraud on 4 Oct 2006 1 2419 4 Oct 2006
Travelling from Saigon to Phnom Penh ... By benh on 12 Jun 2008 1 2961 13 Jun 2008
Male, 32 Travelling Solo from BKK to Siem Reap to Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh Late April/early May ... By ozzie153 on 23 Apr 2013 0 707 23 Apr 2013
Phnom Penh-Siem Reap-Phnom Penh ... By CaptainJack on 1 Mar 2014 1 1292 2 Mar 2014