Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Direct from Kep/Kampot to Siem Reap?

Posted by 45baht on 28/7/2010 at 16:57

Posted from within Vietnam.

Now then, was just wondering if there is a direct bus from either Kampot or Kep up to siem reap that misses out Phnom Penh?

if not, would it be cheaper and/or take less time to travel to battambang then to siem reap?

Thanks
Alex

#1 45baht has been a member since 25/1/2010. Posts: 21

Posted by eastwest on 29/7/2010 at 15:03

No, all buses pass through Phnom Penh and the Battambang option is neither shorter nor cheaper.
It's good to change buses in Phnom Penh however since it will be a welcome break on a long journey and in general better buses are used between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap.

Both Capitol and Sorya will be able to provide connecting buses in Phnom Penh but you should let them know in advance.

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778

Posted by sayadian on 29/7/2010 at 16:35

There is a 7.30 am Soraya company bus that runs from Kampot to PP and the same company runs a bus from PP to SR leaving PP at 12.45.
On paper you should be able to make the connection - if you really want to spend 8-9 hours on the road and avoid staying in PP.

#3 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Posted by 45baht on 31/7/2010 at 12:19

Posted from within Vietnam.

Cheers for the info..
If i had the time i wouldn't mind staying in PP for an extra day or two but I've only got around 10 days left to see as much of cambodia as possible before my flight home.
I think I'll probably end up going to Siem Reip though Phnom Penh if it's easier then.
Thanks guys.

#4 45baht has been a member since 25/1/2010. Posts: 21

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.