Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

3 weeks in Cambodia in October- any suggestions?

• newbiedanie-
    lle

Joined Travelfish
    5th August, 2010

Hi, I'm heading to Cambodia in October this year, for roughly 3 weeks. The only place I definatly want to see is Ankor (pretty cliche i know). I thought about going to Phnom Penh and possibly Battamberg also.

I'll be starting in Siam Reap and need to end up in Laos - does anyone have any suggestions about places to visit? Also the length of time- would 4 days at Ankor be too long? Is Sihanoukville worth a visit as it would be a bit of a detour?

I have done a fair bit of research but have got throughly confused and thought I'd ask for some firsthand experiences! I'm 23 years old, travelling alone with an average to low budget.

#1 Posted: 8/8/2010 - 09:42

• Advertisement

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

Well, most people use Phnom Penh as their starting point to get to every place where you want to go.

As Sihanoukville is only 3h drive from PP, Siem Reap only 5h drive from PP.

Just check out the stuff on the site here about Cambodia, it's got some good recommendations for travelling around. (possible trip is Siem Reap -> Battambang, back to Siem Reap -> to PP -> Sihanoukville and back to PP and then catch a bus to Laos(4000 islands or Pakse).

3 weeks is more then enough time to get around and to see a lot of things. 4 days of Temples might be too much, It is possible in 1 day, but 2 days will make it a little bit more relaxing. Also check out the lake in Siem reap and do a boat trip on it (half a day trip) as I find it really nice.

#2 Posted: 9/8/2010 - 16:46

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

this is a 2week trip from the site here: as you got 3 weeks this might be just what you are looking for : http://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/cambodia-two-week-trip

#3 Posted: 9/8/2010 - 16:48

• Joss369

Joined Travelfish
    12th July, 2010

Hi there, I will be out there at the same time. I leave on 27th sept and return on the 4th Nov. Starting in Thailand I will be heading down south to the boarder crossing near koh krong, will travel to Sihanoukville after, though apart from a beach area there seems nowt much else to do down there. So I am planning a week in and around PP a week in and around Siem Reap and Angkor, then I can take my time over the 2 weeks in heading back into thailand or Vietnam.

I have been through so many sites looking for ideas and have got the lonely planet guides, but I think I have looked into it too much as all I keep doing is changing plans and thinking I must go there etc.

I did Thailand 10 years ago and must admit that having little plans made for a great holiday, you meet so many people on the way that you end up with them for days and see places that you had not planned but was glad you got to visit.

Lets hope we have great trips.

#4 Posted: 9/8/2010 - 21:44

• newbiedanie-
    lle

Joined Travelfish
    5th August, 2010

Cheers very much for the response- I think I have also looked too much into what to do/when/where and I need to just relax and go with the flow when I arrive. Thanks for all the help :)

#5 Posted: 9/8/2010 - 23:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Itinerary suggestions- 10 weeks in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos ... By Iwanttogetaway on 17 Apr 2011 11 5227 20 Apr 2011