Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

travel plans.

• Joss369

Joined Travelfish
    12th July, 2010

Hello all. I land in Bangkok on the 28th of September, I was planning of a couple of days there then heading down south past pattaya to the hat lek boarder crossing to Cambodia. Take a scuba diving course (not too Fussed)and then a slow tour around, taking in a week in PP and a week in Siem reap I do not have to leave to return to the uk until nov 3rd via bangkok. I am planning on this being my only visit to the country,on my own at least, so I really want to try to see all the sights that the country has to offer.
    Originally I had planned to go from Bkk to Ayuthaya to cross then head to siem reap, down to PP and onto Ho Chi Min city by the 15th october then a 2 week tour up to Hanoi before flying back to bangkok.

Should I revert to my original plan, have no friends that have been to Vietnam so only the net and guidebooks to go through.
    Have you done both trips?? Any good advice welcomed.
    I have my flights already and will have a budget of around £3000, so I should be able to treat myself from time to time.

Jason

#1 Posted: 10/8/2010 - 21:39

• Advertisement

• gamondeluxe

Joined Travelfish
    11th August, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Actually, there's nothing much to see in HCM. This city is way famous for its dynamic economic activities than its pretty. Hanoi appears to be a classic town & quite boring for those who want enjoy the ancient structure.
    Advice:
    1. Bargain & bargain...
    2. Transportation is really a big deal.
    3. Weather is changeful.
    However, people are nice and willing to guide you through.

#2 Posted: 11/8/2010 - 10:21

• katelim

Joined Travelfish
    11th August, 2010

I was planning to have vacation in Asia and I was thinking which country is the best place for tourist like me. I like beach and nature tripping, can you suggest me beautiful places.

#3 Posted: 11/8/2010 - 15:28

• gamondeluxe

Joined Travelfish
    11th August, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

"Beach & nature tripping"
    Australia is the right spot for u (cannot say it's the best choice).

#4 Posted: 12/8/2010 - 10:43

• kaercher

Joined Travelfish
    26th September, 2009

Thailand, Katelim. Wonderfull islands and beaches, and you will pay much less than in Australia.

#5 Posted: 15/8/2010 - 08:24

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

Hi Joss369,
    Just finished a similar trip.
    The way i did it was BKK to Trat & then to Sihanoukville. You^ve got Kampot & Kep which good for a few days. A week in PP might be a bit long but the river trip from PP to Chau Doc (in Vietnam) is a great way to enter the country. Then to Can Tho or direct to HMC.

2 weeks is short time to travel HMC to Hanoi . On your budget you could fly (check out Jetstar, much cheaper than Vietnam airways) to Hoi An, then fly to Hanoi from there think about Cat Ba island & Sapa, definitely my highlights of the whole Vietnam thing.
    Enjoy it!
    Mike

#6 Posted: 15/8/2010 - 14:44

• renrendiaz

Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2010

Hanoi is known for its lake,you can also visit Turtle Tower in Hoan Kiem.There lots of museum to visit,you can explore the Vietnamese history.

#7 Posted: 28/8/2010 - 21:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.