Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Trip to Sihanoukvile 19 Aug

Posted by gamondeluxe on 11/8/2010 at 09:55

Posted from within Vietnam.

We already plan some things to do in our following trip to Sihanoukvile, but we're not sure if something changed or not. Can anyone advice us what beach should we stay? We can afford guesthouse/hotel at no more than $15.

#1 gamondeluxe has been a member since 11/8/2010. Posts: 6

Posted by mikethediver on 15/8/2010 at 14:57

Hi,
In Sihanouk ville I like Serendipity Beach near the Golden Lions it has a lot of bars, restaurants, and good choice of guest houses/hotel.
$15 is a good budget as I am paying $6 (fan room not air con).

Once at the bus station get a tuk tuk to the Golden Lions and walk up the hill, there are lots of places to choose from. Don t let the tuk tuk drivers take you to the guest house called Makarn it's on the far end of the beach a mile or more from most of the restaurants.
Mike

#2 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Website 

Posted by renrendiaz on 28/8/2010 at 20:59

$15 is enough budget to rent a non-aircon room.You can go to Ocheteaul beach,there is some private beaches in Sihanoukville.

#3 renrendiaz has been a member since 28/8/2010. Posts: 18
 Website 

Posted by Brendagoethenberg on 5/9/2010 at 18:22

Hi! 15$ is enough also for rent an air con room.. specially in the low season the prices are more convenient then ever!! I stay at la reserve at victory hill district and I have an amazing room with AC, balcony and a great sea view! for 15 $!!. Of course is possible to find other cheaper guest houses, maybe without AC but still nice and comfortable.

#4 Brendagoethenberg has been a member since 5/9/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by gamondeluxe on 6/9/2010 at 10:47

Posted from within Vietnam.

We stayed in GST III guesthouse for 3 nights at price of $13 for A/C room, double bed. The place was really nice with just very short walk to Serendipity beach. Actually, it locates at the place closest to the beach.
Pros:
Close to the beach, clean & spacy room, friendly staffs, mini-restaurant downstair, good price, wifi free, internet conection (Charge), massage service.
Cons:
Charge $0.5 for keeping guests valuable belonging at reception!!!
Hot water is not really hot - just warm - sometimes it's not warm at all.

#5 gamondeluxe has been a member since 11/8/2010. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.