Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Trip to Sihanoukvile 19 Aug

• gamondeluxe

Joined Travelfish
    11th August, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

We already plan some things to do in our following trip to Sihanoukvile, but we're not sure if something changed or not. Can anyone advice us what beach should we stay? We can afford guesthouse/hotel at no more than $15.

#1 Posted: 11/8/2010 - 09:55

• Advertisement

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

Hi,
    In Sihanouk ville I like Serendipity Beach near the Golden Lions it has a lot of bars, restaurants, and good choice of guest houses/hotel.
    $15 is a good budget as I am paying $6 (fan room not air con).

Once at the bus station get a tuk tuk to the Golden Lions and walk up the hill, there are lots of places to choose from. Don t let the tuk tuk drivers take you to the guest house called Makarn it's on the far end of the beach a mile or more from most of the restaurants.
    Mike

#2 Posted: 15/8/2010 - 14:57

• renrendiaz

Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2010

$15 is enough budget to rent a non-aircon room.You can go to Ocheteaul beach,there is some private beaches in Sihanoukville.

#3 Posted: 28/8/2010 - 20:59

• Brendagoeth-
    enberg

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2010

Hi! 15$ is enough also for rent an air con room.. specially in the low season the prices are more convenient then ever!! I stay at la reserve at victory hill district and I have an amazing room with AC, balcony and a great sea view! for 15 $!!. Of course is possible to find other cheaper guest houses, maybe without AC but still nice and comfortable.

#4 Posted: 5/9/2010 - 18:22

• gamondeluxe

Joined Travelfish
    11th August, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

We stayed in GST III guesthouse for 3 nights at price of $13 for A/C room, double bed. The place was really nice with just very short walk to Serendipity beach. Actually, it locates at the place closest to the beach.
    Pros:
    Close to the beach, clean & spacy room, friendly staffs, mini-restaurant downstair, good price, wifi free, internet conection (Charge), massage service.
    Cons:
    Charge $0.5 for keeping guests valuable belonging at reception!!!
    Hot water is not really hot - just warm - sometimes it's not warm at all.

#5 Posted: 6/9/2010 - 10:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.