Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Two weeks in cambodia from south laos , need help

• itayze

Joined Travelfish
    2nd August, 2010

Hi guys , somehow I got extra two weeks in my trip (orignally two month in thialand-laos) , I though about going from south laos in cambodia and then to retuen to bangkok (or the islands but I don't if I can ) .
    I'm in thailand right now and could really help some suggestion for a general plan for two weeks starting from Laos isands into cambodia or guidelines for that trip .

Itay.

#1 Posted: 14/8/2010 - 00:05

• Advertisement

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

hi itayze,
    A guess you are in 4,000 islands.

Easy trip to Cambodia, with the well trodden route to Siam Reap ( Angkor Wat and all that), maybe Battenbang, then to Phomn Penn & Sihanoukville .

There is a bus all the way from 4,000 islands to Siam Reap, but it's a long trip & you will arrive very late in SR with all the resulting problems & potential rip offs. I'd recommend a night stop in Kratie, (where you can see the dolphins, if you've not already done so) and an early bus to SR (5$ departs 7:30).

Some days in SR looking at the Angkor then Phomn Penn for a few days, drop down to Sihanoukville and then bus to Bangkok. QED.
    mike

#2 Posted: 16/8/2010 - 16:11

• itayze

Joined Travelfish
    2nd August, 2010

I'm actually in the beginning of the trip , spending some times in chain mai . after that pai - chaing mai - chaing rai 3-4 weeks in laos and then two weeks in Cambodia .
    You gave me some general and important direction ( especially about the night stop ) , I'll read some more and build my trip around that .
    I've got the 2010 lonley planet so i'll be a bit more preaperd :) .

any tips , advice anything will be accepted kindly !

#3 Posted: 16/8/2010 - 17:09

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

the way I did this was: from 4000 islands to Stung Treng Cambodia (really not that far), stayed the night, then took the bus to Phnom Penh (about 8 hours). Sihanoukville, back to Phnom Penh. Siem Reap and back to Phnom Penh. I went to Vietnam after that so it was a bit easier for me to do it this way, as you need to get back to Bangkok I'd suggest the solution from mikethediver.

Cambodia ain't that big so it's possible to just travel back and forth to some places without actually losing a lot of time.

PP->Sihanoukville: 3h by bus
    PP->Siem Reap : 5h

#4 Posted: 16/8/2010 - 22:08

• Yol

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2010

Svendj, I´m not so sure about those trip times, it´s wet season. I´m heading myself to Laos in a few weeks time for 3 weeks, and i´m very interested in following into Cambodia.

#5 Posted: 16/8/2010 - 22:24

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

ah well, could be that it's takes a little bit longer now, I did this in June (2009). It's exactly how the times where at that time for me. Could be about 1 to 2 hours longer now as you mentioned it's wet season.

#6 Posted: 17/8/2010 - 15:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
South east asia, 6 weeks – Thailand, Laos Cambodia ... By kayjaydesign on 13 Aug 2013 2 1128 14 Aug 2013
6-8 weeks in South East Asia - Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand ... By mjbeavis on 13 Sep 2010 7 7478 25 Mar 2013
3-weeks South Vietnam and South Laos itinerary ... By Foolslena on 19 Jun 2013 6 1805 8 Aug 2013
3 weeks in Laos: 1 for the south and 2 for the north. It is feasible ? ... By vuh on 2 May 2007 4 2448 29 Jun 2007
Two weeks in Laos from North to South, advices? ... By bar002 on 12 Feb 2010 16 2971 18 Feb 2010