Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Proprietor of Prince Mekhong Villa GH arrested

• mrdome

Joined Travelfish
    3rd May, 2008
    Total reviews: 2

I have no further agenda apart from really liking Cambo, having stayed at this GH twice, showed a lot of interest in the operations of the place and manager, wrote reviews about my stays there - here and on tripadvisor.com - and was informed yesterday that this had taken place. So, without further comment:

http://www.blick.ch/news/ausland/basler-verhaftet-153734

(German text, nice pic!)

#1 Posted: 23/8/2010 - 10:35

• Advertisement

• mrdome

Joined Travelfish
    3rd May, 2008
    Total reviews: 2

The person who alerted me to this states he is an ex-partner of the arrested, financed the GH and that the staff confided in him, informing him that "the staff he abused all the time verbally and with arbitrary salary cuts". My contact says a 9 month investigation preceded the arrest I will try to meet my contact next time in Siem Reap.

#2 Posted: 23/8/2010 - 18:38

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Talked to friends in Siem Reap this morning regards this development and, well there was no real consensus.

I've met the accused on a couple of occasions, but am locking off this thread as I don't think this forum is, well, the best forum, for a debate and discussion on the merits of the case.

I've also deleted a half dozen posts that came through, from "brand new Travelfish members", since the story broke. Thanks for your interest.

#3 Posted: 23/8/2010 - 19:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

This post has been locked by the moderator.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
"The Prince Mekong Villa" in Siem Reap is missing in your hotelguide ... By JanNiklas on 19 Apr 2007 1 3974 16 Feb 2010