Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Proprietor of Prince Mekhong Villa GH arrested

Posted by mrdome on 23/8/2010 at 10:35

I have no further agenda apart from really liking Cambo, having stayed at this GH twice, showed a lot of interest in the operations of the place and manager, wrote reviews about my stays there - here and on tripadvisor.com - and was informed yesterday that this had taken place. So, without further comment:

http://www.blick.ch/news/ausland/basler-verhaftet-153734

(German text, nice pic!)

#1 mrdome has been a member since 3/5/2008. Posts: 43

Posted by mrdome on 23/8/2010 at 18:38

The person who alerted me to this states he is an ex-partner of the arrested, financed the GH and that the staff confided in him, informing him that "the staff he abused all the time verbally and with arbitrary salary cuts". My contact says a 9 month investigation preceded the arrest I will try to meet my contact next time in Siem Reap.

#2 mrdome has been a member since 3/5/2008. Posts: 43

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/8/2010 at 19:08 admin

Talked to friends in Siem Reap this morning regards this development and, well there was no real consensus.

I've met the accused on a couple of occasions, but am locking off this thread as I don't think this forum is, well, the best forum, for a debate and discussion on the merits of the case.

I've also deleted a half dozen posts that came through, from "brand new Travelfish members", since the story broke. Thanks for your interest.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,434
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

This discussion has been locked by a moderator.