• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

Hi Guys,
    Anyone got information visa extension?.
    I am in Sihanouk ville and the agents want $50 for an extension which seems crazy as the correct price of a visa on entry is $20 or $25 for an evisa.

So, if i go to immigration in PP will I be able to get the extension myself and if so, how much?
    Cheers,
    Mike

#1 Posted: 29/8/2010 - 15:44

• Advertisement

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

It's been awhile since I used a tourist visa for Cambodia as I find the business visa more flexible but I recall paying $45 for an extension in PP 2 years ago so $50 sounds about right.I DO know the extension costs a lot more than the original visa.It wouldn't be any cheaper doing a border run either as the Koh Kong immigration charge a whopping 1200 baht for a visa.If you are only staying an extra week then just overstay and pay the $5 per day overstay fine.Most of the agencies only charge a fee of about $5 so it's just not worth the hassle of going to immigration.The immigration will probably scam you too.
    Is the rain heavy in Snookey this year?

#2 Posted: 29/8/2010 - 20:37

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

Hi Sayadain,
    Thanks for the info. Been looking at several ways of renewing.
    I thought a visa run using an evisa (25$) would work out cheaper, but does anyone know if Koh Kong immigration accept them? I know that they are supposed to according to the Cambodia website, but anyone out there any actual experience of crossing Koh Krong with an e visa?

The rain has been very light this year. We've been very lucky, we were here a month ago before heading into Vietnam, and have now been back for 2 weeks and had nothing more than a few heavy showers. It has been very hot thought.
    Cheers,
    Mike

#3 Posted: 30/8/2010 - 19:04

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Yes, the Koh Kong immigration bandits accept the e-visa.It must be heart-breaking for them to miss out on a scam but they just have to take it on the chin.
    Sounds like the weather has gone weird this year if it's hot and fairly dry.I won't be back there for another couple of months until the rains have finished.

#4 Posted: 31/8/2010 - 00:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Can i get a visa extension on a 30day tourist visa without leaving the country? ... By swenglishdan on 31 Dec 2006 5 5276 4 Nov 2012