Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Visa extension

Posted by mikethediver on 29/8/2010 at 15:44

Hi Guys,
Anyone got information visa extension?.
I am in Sihanouk ville and the agents want $50 for an extension which seems crazy as the correct price of a visa on entry is $20 or $25 for an evisa.

So, if i go to immigration in PP will I be able to get the extension myself and if so, how much?
Cheers,
Mike

#1 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Website 

Posted by sayadian on 29/8/2010 at 20:37

It's been awhile since I used a tourist visa for Cambodia as I find the business visa more flexible but I recall paying $45 for an extension in PP 2 years ago so $50 sounds about right.I DO know the extension costs a lot more than the original visa.It wouldn't be any cheaper doing a border run either as the Koh Kong immigration charge a whopping 1200 baht for a visa.If you are only staying an extra week then just overstay and pay the $5 per day overstay fine.Most of the agencies only charge a fee of about $5 so it's just not worth the hassle of going to immigration.The immigration will probably scam you too.
Is the rain heavy in Snookey this year?

#2 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Posted by mikethediver on 30/8/2010 at 19:04

Hi Sayadain,
Thanks for the info. Been looking at several ways of renewing.
I thought a visa run using an evisa (25$) would work out cheaper, but does anyone know if Koh Kong immigration accept them? I know that they are supposed to according to the Cambodia website, but anyone out there any actual experience of crossing Koh Krong with an e visa?

The rain has been very light this year. We've been very lucky, we were here a month ago before heading into Vietnam, and have now been back for 2 weeks and had nothing more than a few heavy showers. It has been very hot thought.
Cheers,
Mike

#3 mikethediver has been a member since 23/3/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 206
 Website 

Posted by sayadian on 31/8/2010 at 00:59

Yes, the Koh Kong immigration bandits accept the e-visa.It must be heart-breaking for them to miss out on a scam but they just have to take it on the chin.
Sounds like the weather has gone weird this year if it's hot and fairly dry.I won't be back there for another couple of months until the rains have finished.

#4 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.