• ianinthewor-
    ld

Joined Travelfish
    26th July, 2010
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 13
    Places visited:
    At least 2

I will be in Ban Lung in a few days. I would like to round of my western tour of Cambo by visiting Sen Monorom. I suspect that the road between the two is bad, but does anyone have any recent info on travel between these two towns? Many thanks.

#1 Posted: 17/9/2010 - 22:04

• Advertisement

• gregmccann1

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2009
    Location Taiwan
    Total reviews: 5

I did it back in January and I didn't think it was nearly as bad as the hype made it out to be. Yes there are some sandy pits. Jump off the back of the bike (I'm assuming you're hiring a driver and not doing it yourself), and jog alongside while he gets through the tough spots. We arrived in Senmonorom in 6 hours or maybe 6.5. Saw a flock of about 75 green parrots, some owls, 2 Giant squirrels, hawks, and, best of all, 2 highly endangered Bengal floricans (birds). Only thing I didn't like about the ride was the fires. Lots of fires.

#2 Posted: 19/9/2010 - 19:42

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

I just checked with a friend of mine who lives in that area.
    Luckily for you the rains have not been as bad as normal for this time of the year. So the road is well passable but certainly worse than in January.

But I assume you never expected a 4 lane highway anyway.

#3 Posted: 19/9/2010 - 20:45

• Nisseyaklom

Joined Travelfish
    2nd December, 2007

There is no way you can go to Sen Monorom from Banlung this time of the year, unless you are in to carry the bike over chest deep rivers and kilometrs long rice fields with half meter mud. It's corrct that the rainy season hes been pretty mild so far this year but still,,, Not earlier than end of November.

FYI I live in Banlung

#4 Posted: 23/9/2010 - 15:35

• ianinthewor-
    ld

Joined Travelfish
    26th July, 2010
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 13
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Guys, thanks. I am in Stung Treng, and apparently, it is difficult or impossible to do what I wanted to do, no problem. There is always next time. Thanks for the info.

#5 Posted: 23/9/2010 - 21:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.