Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Visa extension in Battambang

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

Is it possible? The thought of wasting a weekend driving to Phnom Penh or even doing a visa run.....
    not appealing..

I should have done it in Sihanoukville...

Anyone know of any agents in the area?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 29/9/2010 - 13:34

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

I don't know how well known you are in the area or if you have a local friend who can assist but you could try the police station.
    Most police stations in bigger towns have an immigration officer and the are usually helpful when it comes to visa. Passport still has to go to Phnom Penh but they will send it for you and charge you $5-10 on top of normal rate for visa. If you consider the alternatives it's a bargain.

Best to check with a local about trustworthiness of officer involved. My experience is positive (in another cambodian town) but it most likely differs from place to place

#2 Posted: 29/9/2010 - 14:00

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Go ask the Ausie in the BusStop bar he's been living in BB for years and will be able to help you.Why don't you fancy a visa run? The border is only one and a half hours away.

#3 Posted: 29/9/2010 - 14:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Can i get a visa extension on a 30day tourist visa without leaving the country? ... By swenglishdan on 31 Dec 2006 5 5225 4 Nov 2012