Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

PP Guesthouse with WiFi and Breakfast?

• Voyagner

Joined Travelfish
    12th July, 2009

I've always stayed at Mekong Palace Hotel on the riverfront, rooms were $15/n and the place is clean, it's always been fine but I've decided $25/n is my budget if I can find a place that offers free WiFi and breakfast for two.

California 2 seems to fit the bill but I'm not sure on the breakfast situation, is the price normally just for one person? Any other recommendations?

#1 Posted: 30/9/2010 - 12:33

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Hi,

I think $25 is a difficult price for your needs. If you can afford $35 there is suddenly much more choice.

Most hotels that offer $25 rooms are asian hotels and not very often breakfast is included or very poor. Also Wifi is not always working (even if they advertise with it). From $35 more places are run by westerners who understand your needs and Wifi will almost always be working and breakfast would be decent (to western tastes).
    Although breakfast included is hit & miss and certainly not standard with most places. If you come soon (low season) you should be able to negotiate to get that included.

The following I have listed since most are quite new and not many books/sites have written about them yet. Haven't stayed in them recently but I pass by frequently.
    - California 2. As you mentioned but I don't think breakfast is included
    - Jockey hotel. They recently upgraded (last year) and they should be able to offer what you're looking for.
    - Circuit hotel. This is a brand new one and it's close to the central market.
    - Amber villa. The cheapest rooms are in your range
    - Coffee Korner. Near russian market so a bit out of the way.
    - Boddhi tree Del gusto. Very nice but make booking in advance.

#2 Posted: 30/9/2010 - 15:55

• onesun

Joined Travelfish
    17th August, 2010

We stayed at California 2 in September. It was great for the price. WiFi and a simple breakfast included. (if you want a big eat, it's not the place, but you can order/pay for a larger bfast). Although we stayed on the 2nd floor and could hear the music playing all nigh belowt.. I would try and get a room on a higher level - though not sure if it's more $.

#3 Posted: 17/10/2010 - 08:31

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

Cal 2's internet works well and they have good eats.

Lone Star saloon has new, nice rooms in their new location. I think they include breakfast and I've never had a problem with their internet.

'Sheeed

#4 Posted: 4/11/2010 - 11:21

• SarahLennon

Joined Travelfish
    25th October, 2010

At the mo I am staying in Aqua Boutique guesthouse just off M boulevard and i seriously cannot recommend this place enough. For $30 myself and my other half are staying in a suite (no joke) its giant, we get whatever we want for breakfast (literally we just have to say) and its a good location. Away from the riverfront for noise etc but close enough to walk - say 20 mins max. Its on 63 st between 228 and 240.

#5 Posted: 7/11/2010 - 17:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Any guesthouse in Vientiane with decent wifi? ... By wifiman on 26 Mar 2012 0 1038 26 Mar 2012