Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

PP Guesthouse with WiFi and Breakfast?

Posted by Voyagner on 30/9/2010 at 12:33

I've always stayed at Mekong Palace Hotel on the riverfront, rooms were $15/n and the place is clean, it's always been fine but I've decided $25/n is my budget if I can find a place that offers free WiFi and breakfast for two.

California 2 seems to fit the bill but I'm not sure on the breakfast situation, is the price normally just for one person? Any other recommendations?

#1 Voyagner has been a member since 12/7/2009. Posts: 30
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by eastwest on 30/9/2010 at 15:55

Hi,

I think $25 is a difficult price for your needs. If you can afford $35 there is suddenly much more choice.

Most hotels that offer $25 rooms are asian hotels and not very often breakfast is included or very poor. Also Wifi is not always working (even if they advertise with it). From $35 more places are run by westerners who understand your needs and Wifi will almost always be working and breakfast would be decent (to western tastes).
Although breakfast included is hit & miss and certainly not standard with most places. If you come soon (low season) you should be able to negotiate to get that included.

The following I have listed since most are quite new and not many books/sites have written about them yet. Haven't stayed in them recently but I pass by frequently.
- California 2. As you mentioned but I don't think breakfast is included
- Jockey hotel. They recently upgraded (last year) and they should be able to offer what you're looking for.
- Circuit hotel. This is a brand new one and it's close to the central market.
- Amber villa. The cheapest rooms are in your range
- Coffee Korner. Near russian market so a bit out of the way.
- Boddhi tree Del gusto. Very nice but make booking in advance.

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778

Posted by onesun on 17/10/2010 at 08:31

We stayed at California 2 in September. It was great for the price. WiFi and a simple breakfast included. (if you want a big eat, it's not the place, but you can order/pay for a larger bfast). Although we stayed on the 2nd floor and could hear the music playing all nigh belowt.. I would try and get a room on a higher level - though not sure if it's more $.

#3 onesun has been a member since 17/8/2010. Posts: 5

Posted by Rasheeed on 4/11/2010 at 11:21

Cal 2's internet works well and they have good eats.

Lone Star saloon has new, nice rooms in their new location. I think they include breakfast and I've never had a problem with their internet.

'Sheeed

#4 Rasheeed has been a member since 4/11/2010. Location: Cambodia. Posts: 311
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by SarahLennon on 7/11/2010 at 17:23

At the mo I am staying in Aqua Boutique guesthouse just off M boulevard and i seriously cannot recommend this place enough. For $30 myself and my other half are staying in a suite (no joke) its giant, we get whatever we want for breakfast (literally we just have to say) and its a good location. Away from the riverfront for noise etc but close enough to walk - say 20 mins max. Its on 63 st between 228 and 240.

#5 SarahLennon has been a member since 25/10/2010. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.