Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Siem Reap events calendars?

• tangram

Joined Travelfish
    2nd October, 2010

Where can I find a good events calendar for Siem Reap? I'm going to be here for several months, and would like to know what there is to do week to week. The event listing sites Google gave me are poorly maintained.

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 2/10/2010 - 10:20

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Best thing to do is to pick up a free advertisement booklet (Asialife, Siem Reap guide etc.). In these things places advertise events and such. Or find a cafe/bar to your liking and the owner can give you the latest information.
    Keep in mind that it's mostly aimed at tourists and not so much at residents. Lots of Khmer traditional dances, the occasional band and screenings of Khmer rouge documentaries/films

#2 Posted: 2/10/2010 - 15:24

• tangram

Joined Travelfish
    2nd October, 2010

Thanks, eastwest. I found a couple.

I also realized if an event calendar is in English, it's going to be aimed at tourists and expats. C'est la vie.

#3 Posted: 8/10/2010 - 12:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.