Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

cross country from Kampong speu to Koh Kong

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

About one hour going south on route 4 (the road to Sihanoukville) there is the town of Kampong Speu.Last year I rode to the hot springs in Aural.The road heads approximately west from the town.I got as far as The Hot Springs in 3 hours and was told the road continues on to Koh Kong.This December I would like to do the whole trip.My question -whether anyone else has completed the trip.The road as far as the springs is pretty passable on a dirt bike.Anybody know what it's like going the rest of the way, probably through forest.
    There must be a dirt biker out there who has tried this trip;-)

#1 Posted: 6/10/2010 - 14:57

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Hi sayadian,

I haven't done this myself but last week a good friend of mine went on the road from Koh Kong to Pursat. Not your route but same area. Very rough going apparently but mostly due to rain. I'm pretty sure the route you mention can be done as well. Especially in December.

Best to check on khmer440.com. There are several bikers (who live in Cambodia) active on the forum so you should be able to get latest info there.

#2 Posted: 6/10/2010 - 18:34

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

thanks Eastwest.
    Yeh, I thought of Khmer440 but this site is oh so much more laid back.Some of the threads on there are pretty abrasive to say the least :-)
    I'm impressed with your friend.It looks a long trip to Pursat from KK.Has he put up an account of it online? It'd be really interesting.
    As I said I know the bit as far as the Springs and the last leg is on the Srey Ambul-KK new road, it's just that bit in the middle-it must be right through the forest crossing The Cardomams.Anyway,I'll let you know if it was do-able.

#3 Posted: 6/10/2010 - 22:45

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Yeah you're right about that site. I also don't visit that frequently.

My friend mentioned something like 7km in one hour on certain parts. Other friends of mine (as opposed to me) are also enthusiastic bikers so I will try to remember asking them when they pass by. It's Pchum Ben now so I'm sure I will see some. Will post when I hear something interesting for you.

#4 Posted: 7/10/2010 - 09:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
more places to visit in Cambodia-Kirirom and Kampong Speu ... By sayadian on 13 Sep 2009 5 4326 30 Nov 2009