Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Poste Restante services at Phnom Penh's main P.O.

Posted by suwanneej on 11/10/2010 at 01:07

Wondering if anybody has had any experiences, good or bad, using Poste Restante at PP's main P.O.? How reliable if at all; extra costs; location of the Poste Restante desk/counter? Thanks for any helpful info.

#1 suwanneej has been a member since 7/10/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by eastwest on 11/10/2010 at 10:36

Hi,

I have experience at P.O. although not with Poste Restante but I assume it's similar to other experiences: it varies a lot.

Sometimes service is excellent, sometimes they need small money for things, sometimes they need ridiculous money for things, sometimes post never arrives or 2 months later they have found a letter for you under a desk or so.

I don't know what it is for but you could consider sending stuff to a guesthouse (contact them beforehand). At least it will save you the overcharging etc. but yoú might need to offer the guesthouse a small amount for the trouble or/and probably make a reservation.

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.