Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Hong Kong to Cambodia/Laos - Fly/Train/?

Posted by travelbug14 on 14/10/2010 at 15:40

I'm planning on traveling from HK to Cambodia after new year, and finding flights to be very expensive or the websites full of spam.
Has anyone done this trip? If so, how, and is it even worth it?
Thanks for your help!

#1 travelbug14 has been a member since 14/10/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by caseyprich on 14/10/2010 at 22:06

I haven't personally, but most people who go from China to Cambodia will do so by either flying out of HK Airport or Shenzhen.

Have you looked on ctrip(.com) or elong(.com)? They have always offered the best prices I can find for travel originating in China.

#2 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by caseyprich on 14/10/2010 at 22:06

I haven't personally, but most people who go from China to Cambodia will do so by either flying out of HK Airport or Shenzhen.

Have you looked on ctrip(.com) or elong(.com)? They have always offered the best prices I can find for travel originating in China.

#3 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by onesun on 17/10/2010 at 08:25

I don't know why, but flights from HK to Cambodia are super expensive... I think we looked at every possible airline/option; and the cheapest was flying with Jetstar to Singapore and then Singapore to Siem Reap for about 150$US. It's a strange route but we needed to do the cheapest option...(even if that meant a few sleepless hours overnight in the airport). Otherwise most flight were about 300$ and up.
But worth it?? Absolutely!!

#4 onesun has been a member since 17/8/2010. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.