Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

cambodian homestay

Posted by galey200 on 20/10/2010 at 02:09

Hi,

as part of my SE asia tour I am staying in Ta Phin village in sapa for a few days. I have arranged this independently with the people of the village.

I am trying to find something similar in Cambodia. I don't want to be on an organised tour but would love to be able to arrange a short stay at a floating village or similar with a local family. Does anyone know if it's possible to do this please. So far the only plans I have are to land in Phnom Penh and head to Siem Reap so I;m quite flexible,

Many Thanks

Ian

#1 galey200 has been a member since 20/10/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by eastwest on 20/10/2010 at 09:09

Hi,

Homestays are not a very big thing in Cambodia and I have no personal experience but your best bet would be Battambang . There used to be homestays around Battambang, which has a beautiful countryside, but I have no idea if it'sstill available.
Even read some posts here or on tripadvisor. Best to start your research for Battambang and surroundings and take it from there.

good luck

#2 eastwest has been a member since 17/12/2009. Posts: 778

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.