Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Night-life in Siem Reap

• Puggles

Click here to learn more about Puggles
    Joined Travelfish
    31st August, 2009
    Location Australia

I have only been to Siem Reap once before and it was only for a few days. I didn't really notice too many things to do in the evenings and was too tired to worry about the night-life anyway after visiting temples all day.

This year, I am going for a little longer with a small group of people. One has asked about night-life. We are not specifically looking for bump and grind nightclubbing, but somewhere that would suit 30-50 year olds with perhaps some music, and maybe food as well.

Can anyone recommend any places in Siem Reap that might suit us? I have heard of Expat Clubs but I am not sure if there is one in Siem Reap or what it would be like.

#1 Posted: 25/10/2010 - 10:29

• Advertisement

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

Well, night life in Siem Reap most of the time goes on in Pub Street, In the evening this street is closed for cars and most of the people go there to get some drinks in the evening.
    Some really nice chilled out bars and food stalls, pizzerias.
    You got Temple Club and Why Not bar, Ankor what? pub. I've met travellers from all ages over here and I'll bet you will find something that suites you. If you do find it too much here then just check out some of the side streets and you will find some nice bars with tv and live music. These are the more common area's for the locals to go out as well and speaking basic khmer can give you a good evening as well as the locals are very friendly there (in my opinion).

#2 Posted: 25/10/2010 - 20:54

• Puggles

Click here to learn more about Puggles
    Joined Travelfish
    31st August, 2009
    Location Australia

Thanks for your reply. :)

Pub Street it is then! That was easy.

#3 Posted: 29/10/2010 - 11:39

• marrie11

Joined Travelfish
    22nd October, 2011

Nightlife. Siem Reap is a town where most visitors are up with the sun and out visiting the temple sites, but there are an increasing number of good evening .The nightlife of Siem Reap comes alive mostly along Pub Street and Bar Street. There are dozens of restaurants, night clubs .While the nightlife in Siem Reap doesn't even come close to that of Thailand, or even Phnom Penh, you should be able to find what you are looking .
    NightClubs In Miami

#4 Posted: 29/10/2011 - 15:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
One night in Siem Reap ... By BAMAnug on 19 Apr 2014 0 726 19 Apr 2014
night bus from Siem Reap to Saigon? ... By amhuirnin on 28 Jun 2010 4 7966 29 Sep 2010