Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

3 Weeks in Cambodia!

• maligator

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2010

Hello! I would first like to say that I love this website. I just bought my plane ticket for a kind of spur of the moment trip to SE Asia by myself. I've been doing some research and this is by far the best and most informational site I have found. I'm pretty overwhelmed because I want to go everywhere and see everything. I know I have a very limited time though so I would like to stick to 1 country. I'm flying into Bangkok at the end of Nov and I think I want to spend most of my time in Cambodia. I wanted to through out a rough idea of what my route might look like and would love any comments, suggestions, etc.

I fly into Bangkok in the middle of the night. I don't want to stay there so I wanted to go to Khao Yai National Park (I think there's a 5am bus) for a couple days to adjust/relax/see beautiful country and wildlife.

Then head to Siem Reap and spend 3-4 days exploring Ankor

I would like to see the NE region. I would go from SR to PP to Kratie. Possibly stay in Ban Lung for a day or 2. I want to see Sen Monorom but I know it would be a long journey. Any suggestions?

I want to end the trip with some beach time so I wanted to head down south. Otres beach?

Then I would make my way back to Bangkok and maybe stay for a day or 2.

This is a very rough idea of where I want to go and I am open to any change of plans along the way. Maybe I'll end up staying in Thailand or going to Laos?? Any advise would be much appreciated!! Thanks

#1 Posted: 11/11/2010 - 07:37

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I think you will find that Otres Beach area has shut down now. All the hotels, etc have been removed due to so-called development plans. (They were mostly just temporary bamboo shacks anyhow). There was been some discussion about this on the forum which you will find if you search for 'Otres'.

Personally, I wouldn't waste your time in Sihanoukville (as a possible alternative) but instead there are some islands off the coast there that might be worthwhile. (I haven't been so can't comment knowledgeably).

#2 Posted: 11/11/2010 - 08:13

• AbigailatPe-
    nhandInk

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Regarding the islands - check out Koh Russei or Koh Rong, about an hour and a half/two hours' boat ride from Sihanoukville .

Kratie is a beautiful, quiet Cambodian town, and the dolphins are definitely worth seeing. Also consider Kampot/ Kep , between PP and Sihanoukville (you can get a bus to either from Kampot). Rabbit Island off Kep is lovely, and there's a great trek up Bokor Mountain too. The countryside round here is very typically rural, lush and green and it's my favourite place to go for some relaxing.

Enjoy!

#3 Posted: 11/11/2010 - 10:31

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

Kratie's a personal fave of mine. If you're psyched to come up here to the northeast, you'll totally dig it also. Ratanakiri is great and you can make it from here to sen monorem these days, though others know more about that than me.

Drop me a PM if you want to know more about the NE, otherwise ask away here.

Peace
    'sheeed

#4 Posted: 12/11/2010 - 12:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.