Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

2 weeks in Cambodia

• Mowgli75

Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2010

Can anyone help me with some good advice for a Whistle stop tour of Cambodia as I've manage to get two weeks leave from work at short notice,
    and would love to see the best bits within this short time if possible!.
    At the mo I only have my flights booked in and out of Bangkok ( 20th Nov - 4th Dec )
    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

#1 Posted: 12/11/2010 - 13:16

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

Best to tell us also your budget, interests and style of travel.

Most people visit only a few places (Phnom Penh, Angkor, a coastal town) in two weeks.
    If you want to see the above a bit more in depth then you should leave it at those three. If you want a quick glimpse of the highlights add 2 or 3 other places (Battambang, Sihanoukville, Kep, Kampot). Most travel is by bus or car so I wouldn't do too many places and leave northern places out since that would take up too much of your time if you need to go back to Bangkok.

#2 Posted: 12/11/2010 - 13:49

• Mowgli75

Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2010

My plan was to start off @ Angkor maybe for the first couple of days,
    if that will be enough time, other than that my travel itinerary & budget is wide open but due to time constraints I would just like to see the Gems this country has to offer without rushing around for the whole two weeks.

#3 Posted: 13/11/2010 - 11:54

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

If you don't like to rush I'd leave it at those three and keep it flexible.

- Siem Reap 3-5 days. Take a three days pass and visit the temples at leisure. The town itself is not bad also. Although it is touristy it does have a social scene in the evening where you can meet others. You can also visit some remoter temples. Not necessarily for the temples but it makes a nice excursion and you have a chance to see the countryside. A visit to the floating village is also nice and popular. Plenty of other options there as well (museum, horse-riding, massage, swimming pool and so on).

- Phnom Penh 2-3 days. Standard is to visit Museum, Royal Palace, Tuol Sleng, Killing Fields (which you can all visit in one compact day) but the city has more to offer that warrants a longer stay:
    Rent a boat and go to Silk Island and/or drift over the river during sunset. Best if you can find a group to rent a private boat (along the riverfront) together which is not expensive.
    Udon is also often overlooked by many and is nicely situated outside the city and a nice getaway with fine views from the top of the hill.
    Historical walk. The old buildings might be overlooked with all the construction work going on but the Canby (free advertisement booklet) has a nice walk that you can do.

-Coastal town 3-4 days. See this site for a choice between Kep/Kampot or Sihanoukville.

This will leave you some space to stay longer in a place and/or add some other things.
    -If 3 days Siem Reap is enough for you, you can go to PP via Battambang for a few days.
    -If you want to spend some more time on the coast you can visit an island or Koh Kong.

Outside the above mentioned places there aren't that many other must-see places. Especially not for a 2 week itinerary

#4 Posted: 13/11/2010 - 13:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.