Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Sayadian: Road Paving

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

To answer your question in the locked thread over at "new additions"...

Starting in Banlung town, the road is now nicely paved to the Vietnamese border and they've started working on the stretch from Stung Treng.

And I love me my Yaklom lake too. I'm in there late afternoon almost every day...

'sheeed

#1 Posted: 20/11/2010 - 16:31

• Advertisement

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Thanks.That road from BL to ST.I remember stopping with the taxi for his meal in a beautiful forest almost like an English woodland.You any idea where that was?If it's got a name. obviously it was half way between the two.Also any idea if the road to Sen Moniron is any better.I use the word road there but it was more of a track as I recall

#2 Posted: 20/11/2010 - 19:45

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

No idea.

There are other people who know about the SM-BL road better than i do, but I forget which forum theyre on. I think one is on LP thorntree. POst that question as a separate topic if youre thinking of making the trip.

'sheeed

#3 Posted: 23/11/2010 - 13:08

• AbigailatPe-
    nhandInk

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

The Sen Monorom road is a wonder - travelled from PP to SM in about 7.5 hours, very smooth! The roads out of SM to waterfalls etc are still dirt/mud though!

#4 Posted: 28/11/2010 - 15:55

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

I'm getting uncomfortable with Cambodia,it's getting just like any other South-East Asian country.I mean,they got street lighting all over Phnom Penh now,you never get to see guys walking around with Kalashnikovs.Haven't heard of a grenade attack in ages and all these roads.Why, getting from Koh Khong to Phnom Penh used to be like taking one of those wagon trains West.
    ;-)

#5 Posted: 28/11/2010 - 22:13

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

BTW Abigail.
    If you're in SM can you ask about that track to Ban Lung.Maybe they've opened it up a bit.Though I got my doubts they'll have tarmaced it.

#6 Posted: 28/11/2010 - 22:16

• Nisseyaklom

Joined Travelfish
    2nd December, 2007

Did a MC trip last week from Banlung to Sen Monorom, first leg to Lumphat is smooth dirt road, in Lumphat it is still the canoe style ferry over Sre Pok river, from there single sandy track for about 65 km to Konheak, not really difficult but not for beginners either, loot of ruts and rocks, parts of some ricefields was muddy but it dries up quick now. From Konheak to SM a new dirt road 90 km,1,5 hr

Total distance 207 km, riding time 5 hrs, total travel time 6,5 hrs
    A great trip, motodops do it for $ 60

#7 Posted: 30/11/2010 - 13:53

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Thanks a lot.That's a really good description.These guys who do the trip.They've got to go back so I assume they hang around in SM so I could probably do the reverse.
    Did you do it on a 125 as I've never seen a motodop with anything bigger?

#8 Posted: 30/11/2010 - 15:59

• Nisseyaklom

Joined Travelfish
    2nd December, 2007

I live in Banlung and did it on my own Suzuki DRZ 400, dirtbike. But with some offroad skills, you can do it on any kind of bike

nordenhouseyaklom.com

#9 Posted: 30/11/2010 - 16:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.