Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Cambodia E Visa

• dganitbz

Joined Travelfish
    22nd August, 2010

I want to save some time and hassle, so I was thinking of using the E visa service that will of course cost me 5$ more-but I hope is worth it.
    I intend to enter Cambodia from Bangkok at Poipet/Aranyaprathet and exit to Vietnam at Kaam Samnor/Chau Doc (Or maybe Bavet/Moc Bai.)
    At Poipet and Bavet the E visa can be used for entry
    At Kaam Samnor/Chau Doc, the E visa cannot be used for entry but according to www.mfaic.gov.kh ,the E visa is good for Exit at all border crossings ..
    The problem is, there are warnings on many forums to check it carefully if one really wants to be hassle free…
    How can I check it?
    Has any one tried to use the E Visa to exit from Cambodia to Vietnam at Kaam Samnor/Chau Doc ?
    I thought that the only difficulties might accrue with the E visa are at the entry…
    And one more question.-Has anyone tried to Enter Cambodia with the E visa at Kaam Samnor/Chau Doc-does it save any time? Is it worth the extra 5$?

#1 Posted: 21/11/2010 - 16:58

• Advertisement

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello,

I strongly suggest using the e-visa..It's faster and just makes travel easier.

OK. You are concerned about the visa when you exit the country? You have nothing at all to worry about. As long as your entry point accepts the e-visa, it doesn't matter how you leave. They will just check that you didn't overstay but whether you entered via e-visa or visa in advance or visa on arrival doesn't matter.

If you're really worried just print out the page on the e-visa website that shows that it can be used for exit at that location. Then if there is a problem you can just show them.. But I highly doubt it would come to that. You'll be fine.

#2 Posted: 22/11/2010 - 12:55

• dganitbz

Joined Travelfish
    22nd August, 2010

Wow
    Great help!
    Thanks

#3 Posted: 22/11/2010 - 14:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.