Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Cambodia very soon

• Sivani7

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2010

Hello,

I am going to Cambodia and Vietnam in 2 weeks.

This site is brilliant, but I think I read too much or not enough. Anyway I am confused now. May be somebody can give me some tips how to structure the trip.

We are flying in & out of Bangkok (13.12-05.01)

At the end of our trip a 6-7 days beach holiday on Phu Quoc is planned.

I thought following:

Flying from Bangkok to Phnom Penh
    PP - 2-3days
    boat to Siem Reap
    2 days in Siem Reap
    than either a cycle trip to PP or the bus (haven't got the confirmation yet for the cycling)
    PP to Chau Doc by boat - stay overnight
    Bus to Rach Gia - overnight
    early ferry from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc
    Phu Quoc 6-7 days.

And now I am stucked! How do I get back to Bangkok? Flying to HCMC and to Bangkok?

Did I put too much into the trip?

Please help me in my confusion. It's maybe not the best to plan a trip when you are in the middle of your exams.

Thanks,
    Sivani

#1 Posted: 30/11/2010 - 02:55

• Advertisement

• oasisbarhat-
    ien

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2010
    Total reviews: 4

Posted from within Vietnam.

A bit of advice about the Phu Quoc part of your trip.I am not sure if there is an overnight bus from Chau Doc to Rach Gia,but anyway it would be much easier to get an early bus from Chau Doc to Ha Tien ,and then catch the 13.30 ferry to PQ from Ha Tien ..Phu Quoc will be busy at that time of year,and accomodation is limited,so I advise you to book in advance.As to getting back to Bangkok,for speed;fly to Saigon from Phu Quoc,and then take the Air Asia afternoon flight to Bangkok.Again,I would imagine flights will be booked up,so I would book these in advance as well.If you aren't in any hurry,you could return to Ha Tien,and take the bus to Sihanoukville,the next day take another bus to Bangkok from there.

#2 Posted: 30/11/2010 - 13:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.