Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Flying to Cambodia then out of BKK

• wtdafk

Joined Travelfish
    15th December, 2010

Hi every one.

I have searched the internet to no avail on this topic. Every one i see flys in to Thailand and then goes to Cambodia. I want to try and skip that bit but cant find anyone else doing what i plan.

Basiclly i have 30 days in May booked of work and my plan is as follows...

Fly To Siem Reap Via KUL from the UK and stay for a few days..

Bus down to PP

Flight From PP to BKK (Cheaper than from Siem Reap)

Travel down to Koh Samui/Islands

Back to BKK for a return flight home.

Can anyone see any problems with this? It will save me flying to and from BKK and therefore save me doubling back on myself in cambodia.

A flight to Siem reap is £300+ from the uk with Airasia and then another £300+ for a flight from BKK to the UK. Or i can fly Return to BKK for £600+ so there is not much difference.

Thanks for your help :)

#1 Posted: 15/12/2010 - 22:05

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

There is no reason why you shouldn't fly straight through to Siem Reap from KL. If you have no need to be in Bkk first, or any interest in seeing the islands off of Trang on your way through to Siem Reap (via overland, then it makes perfect sense. You'll certain save time phaffing around at airports if nothing else, and one less flight means one less opportunity for something to go wrong!

Of course, you can also look to see if there is a flight from PP straight through to Samui. I have no idea, but seem to recall a recent question where someone else asked about this. Have a scout through posts made in the last 2-3 weeks and you should find it.

#2 Posted: 16/12/2010 - 05:10

• wtdafk

Joined Travelfish
    15th December, 2010

Great! Cheers Lizzy I want to leave Bangkok till last really and only stay there once for about 4 days.
    The idear is to save as much time as possible.

I think there is a flight from PP To Samui but its really expencive And maybe one to surat thani?! Its the same like flights from Siem Reap To BKK also expencive.
    Thats why if i travel down to PP and get a flight to Bangkok its really cheap. Strange but down to different airlines i hear.

Im Just wondering that if i get a morning flight from PP to BKK would i be able to make it to Koh Samui Via land that same day..

#3 Posted: 16/12/2010 - 15:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.