Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Kep to Rach Gia

Posted by 1jayne on 18/1/2011 at 08:04

Can anybody tell me the best way to get from Kep to Rach Gia? Is there a bus company/taxi or whatever which will take us direct from Cambodia to Vietnam?

#1 1jayne has been a member since 18/1/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by oasisbarhatien on 18/1/2011 at 11:35

Posted from within Vietnam.

There are now (at least) 2 companies that take you directly from Kep to Ha Tien in Vietnam,from where you can get a bus or minibus direct to Rach Gia.One is Virak Buntham,you can book via the travel offices in the middle of Kep,by the beach.The other is called Mattom, I only have a phone No for them: 0977 111189(Cambodian No)Mattom is cheaper and has a newer minibus.If you are going to Rach Gia,from Ha Tien there are service buses,or the faster Mai Linh express minibus service.If you are going to Phu Quoc though,don't go to Rach Gia,just get one of the two boats daily from Ha Tien.Any more specific information just ask!

#2 oasisbarhatien has been a member since 12/8/2010. Posts: 109
 Website 

Posted by 1jayne on 18/1/2011 at 14:33

Thanks for your detailed info here and TP. We have flights booked from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc which I'm not sure we can cancel. How long does the ferry take from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc? Do you know what times it leaves?

#3 1jayne has been a member since 18/1/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by oasisbarhatien on 19/1/2011 at 09:25

Posted from within Vietnam.

@ ferries daily at present,departing Ha Tien at 08.00 and 13.00 Trip takes just under 2 hours.

#4 oasisbarhatien has been a member since 12/8/2010. Posts: 109
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.