Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Kep to Rach Gia

• 1jayne

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2011

Can anybody tell me the best way to get from Kep to Rach Gia? Is there a bus company/taxi or whatever which will take us direct from Cambodia to Vietnam?

#1 Posted: 18/1/2011 - 08:04

• Advertisement

• oasisbarhat-
    ien

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2010
    Total reviews: 4

Posted from within Vietnam.

There are now (at least) 2 companies that take you directly from Kep to Ha Tien in Vietnam,from where you can get a bus or minibus direct to Rach Gia.One is Virak Buntham,you can book via the travel offices in the middle of Kep,by the beach.The other is called Mattom, I only have a phone No for them: 0977 111189(Cambodian No)Mattom is cheaper and has a newer minibus.If you are going to Rach Gia,from Ha Tien there are service buses,or the faster Mai Linh express minibus service.If you are going to Phu Quoc though,don't go to Rach Gia,just get one of the two boats daily from Ha Tien.Any more specific information just ask!

#2 Posted: 18/1/2011 - 11:35

• 1jayne

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2011

Thanks for your detailed info here and TP. We have flights booked from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc which I'm not sure we can cancel. How long does the ferry take from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc? Do you know what times it leaves?

#3 Posted: 18/1/2011 - 14:33

• oasisbarhat-
    ien

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2010
    Total reviews: 4

Posted from within Vietnam.

@ ferries daily at present,departing Ha Tien at 08.00 and 13.00 Trip takes just under 2 hours.

#4 Posted: 19/1/2011 - 09:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.