Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Chong Mek to Siem Reap Adventure

• lad

Joined Travelfish
    6th November, 2010

I have just returned from an unforgettable trip using the resources of Mongkheang from Angkor Grand Adventure Tours. My travel partner were met at Chong Mek on the Lao/Thai border and transferred via private Songthiew to the remote Chong Sa Ngam border crossing in the North of Cambodia. After an overnight stay in a very comfortable guest house in Anlong Veng we started our cycling south from the grave site of the infamous Pol Pot. The best way to appreciate the Khmer people and their way of life is by cycling - and we had so many friendly encounters. After a leisurely 70km ride on day 1 we stayed overnigt at a homestay in a village near Srei Noy- and then a wonderful ride the next day to Siem Reap via the temples at

Banteay Srei, Ta Phrom, Bayon, and sunset at Angkor Wat.

The following day we cycled to Tonle Sap along the back roads and returned to Siem Reap through rice paddies and small villages with so many sights.

Having a back up van made all the difference to the trip - no need to lug all our gear on panniers.

Stayed in a fab guesthouse downtown @$9 per night.
    Happy to answer any questions.

#1 Posted: 25/1/2011 - 20:38

• Advertisement

• urleandy

Joined Travelfish
    26th January, 2011

I can confirm that both Phnom Penh, which is just lovely, and Siem Reapboth have several different cash machines to get money out.

#2 Posted: 26/1/2011 - 16:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Problem: Siem Reap to Pak Chong (Khoa Yai park) - Poipet crossing ... By ACasualObserver on 9 Jan 2013 3 4238 9 Jan 2013