Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

kampot to HCMC warning

• jdexpat

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2011

We stayed in Le Java Blueu (Bleue?) hotel. $35 2 beds. Beautiful room. Its here we booked our bus ticket to HCMC. We were told 4 1/2 hours which seemed believable looking at the map. In the morning we were told 7 1/2 hours. Oh well, nevermind. Turned out that our hotel had booked with the guy across the road know as 'Ron'. He came to talk to us at breakfast. He does not have typical Khmer facial features and as at writing has a dry cough and comes across a little slimy.
    He told us our tickets would only get us the standard non-aircon bus on the Veitnam section of the journey and that we should upgrade to VIP tickets for an extra $11 each.
    We turned down the offer and got on the minibus. After picking up a few more westerners, the guy checking off names on the bus ("Tom") turned to my friend and I and said
    "Sorry but Ron hasn't given me any money to pay for the Vietnam-side bus for you two".
    Rather than go back and confront Ron, we paid another $8 each which paid for the standard minibus on the Vietnam side.
    The overall journey involved one minibus to the border, about 40 mins processing passports, then 2 minibuses on the vietnam side. Total 12 hours.

#1 Posted: 27/1/2011 - 15:10

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.