Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

motobikes

• gill1

Joined Travelfish
    9th April, 2010

Trying to find information on buying two secondhand bikes in Phonm Penh but my searches are drawing a blank. We just want two cheap but reliable bikes to travel around Cambodia and cross over to Vietnam. Or would it be better to buy in Vietnam and cross to Cambodia...really confused as some say to start in Vietnam and other say that they cant get over the border.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys

#1 Posted: 30/1/2011 - 22:48

• Advertisement

• Giddy007

Joined Travelfish
    31st January, 2011

I know someone who sells bikes in Phnom Penh... his name is Nick. Not sure about his prices or anything, but I can vouch for him being a decent guy because he was my flatmate.

http://www.expat-advisory.com/forum/asia/cambodia/buy-sell-swap-cambodia/honda-cb400-super-four-1900-obo-nick-bike-finder

His number is on here, too... 012 817 554

#2 Posted: 31/1/2011 - 00:21

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

If you want to take the bikes across the border I'd do it Vietnam - Cambodia. Vietnamese customs is less likely to allow them in. Off course all things can be solved with some money in this region. Cambodian officials are a little easier to bribe.

Don't know how long you intend to bike around in Cambodia but if it's for two weeks or so consider renting bikes locally and travel by bus between the main places. For Vietnam it's more worthwile to buy one.

#3 Posted: 31/1/2011 - 16:49

• AbigailatPe-
    nhandInk

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

You can also pay to put your motorbike on the bus in Cambodia, so long as there's space. It's not expensive and means you can arrive and ride straight away!

#4 Posted: 7/2/2011 - 12:42

• mankuta

Joined Travelfish
    18th February, 2011

Selling my Vietnamese plated Honda WIN..
    I'm in Kampong Cham just north of Phnom Pen.
    mankuta@gmail.com
    cambodian: 069 673120
    Ita.

#5 Posted: 18/2/2011 - 11:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.