Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Best social spots in Phnom Penh

• Lisstarr

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2006

I am a 22yr old female who will be living in Phnom Penh for 9 weeks starting in early Jan. I will be both traveling and living on my own. I was hoping people could suggest bars and restaurants where I will easily be able to meet other travelers my age. Since I don't want to travel alone at night, places near the river (as opposed to the lake) would be appreciated! I would especially like to meet other back/flashpackers who I might be able to take some weekend trips to other locations in Cambodia with.

#1 Posted: 21/12/2006 - 07:23

• Advertisement

• princessdis-
    aster

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2006

When I was last in Phnom Penh I stayed at the Okay Guesthouse which has a restaurant and a bar attached to it, this would probably be a good place to start, it was a comfortable relaxing place and there were always lots of back/flashpackers hanging out, everyone was very friendly. The Okay guest house is near the Royal Palace not far from the river. Sorry I don't know the actual address. While I was staying there I made friends with one of the moto drivers and went with him to meet his family and stay with them in their village over Cambodian New Year I had an absolute ball.

#2 Posted: 22/12/2006 - 05:29

• Manticore

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2006
    Total reviews: 3

the address for Okay Guesthouse is:

Okay Guest House
    #5 Street 258, Phnom Penh
    Phnom Penh Province
    Tel: (023) 986 534

you can also find a review by searching this site.

cheers,
    Mark

#3 Posted: 23/12/2006 - 10:31

• jhoebergen

Joined Travelfish
    18th December, 2006

Posted from within Vietnam.

you can check the 'friends' restaurant runned by kids from the street: kids are trained to make food in western quality: very nice food and friendly serving... and your money finds a good place!

cheers,

Jeroen Hoebergen

#4 Posted: 31/12/2006 - 12:23

• Enrico_Gatti

Joined Travelfish
    4th May, 2006

Was there in October, before i arrived i was reccommened the Lakeside guesthouse. By far the best place. And just up the road is the Drunken frog Bar, this is all you need to know

Beware! When you get off the bus, if you take one, you will be harrassed beyond belief to stay everywhere. I wouldn't reccommend the Lazy Fish, not very secure and completely dead.

#5 Posted: 19/1/2007 - 23:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
interesting spots between from Siem Reap & Phnom Penh ... By virusvaleria on 16 Jul 2009 6 4160 17 Jul 2009
Phnom Penh-Siem Reap-Phnom Penh ... By CaptainJack on 1 Mar 2014 1 1300 2 Mar 2014