Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Best place to stay in Sihanoukville?

• skottypa

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

I am planning on biking down to Sihanoukville. Can anyone tell me a nice cheap place to stay near the sea? I also hope they have a place for me to store my bike too. Thank you. This site is so helpfull, I love it!

#1 Posted: 4/2/2011 - 06:55

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

What exactly are you looking for?

There are a few places on Ocheuteal beach where they offer free accommodation. You can imagine what the rooms look like but it's cheap (well and right on the beach.
    For the rest anything from dirt cheap to posh. Best to just head down to Ocheuteal and look/ask around there.

Can't help you further without more detailed info about your budget/interests.

#2 Posted: 4/2/2011 - 19:39

• giblet

Joined Travelfish
    29th November, 2010

Agreed. Can give more suggestions if you tell us a little more of what you are after and your budget.

#3 Posted: 7/2/2011 - 08:53

• Positivetra-
    vel

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2011

Let us know you budget etc and then will gladly help you out. Although like eastwest said there are some places offering free accommodation along Ocheuteal beach that do offer cheap bungalow style places. Also if you have a tent, many places let you pictch your tent on their land for. We paid about US $1 to do that and just use their bathroom.

#4 Posted: 9/3/2011 - 00:47

• Franconian

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2010

Hi there,

I would like to go to Sihanoukville too. I have not been there before. Which beach / area would you recommend? I need motorcycle parking.

Can I find a decent room for $5?

#5 Posted: 28/3/2011 - 15:22

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

If any of you are going to S'ville soon be aware that prices of rooms will double over Khmer New Year which is 14th-16th April this year and the place will be totally packed with holidaying Khmer trashing the beach by throwing all their garbage on the sand.
    Believe me it is not a good time to go there. Unless you like crowds of drunks.

#6 Posted: 28/3/2011 - 15:58

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

"Unless you like crowds of drunks". Seems more like business as usual in SHV. Only the skincolor of the drunks is different and the lightskinned ones are outnumbered.

But I get the point. I also advice to avoid to visit SHV around that time. Plenty of motobike accidents and pretty ugly ones as well. Wouldn't want to work in the SHV hospital during Khmer new Year

#7 Posted: 28/3/2011 - 21:41

• kaede

Joined Travelfish
    19th September, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

Go to the Aquarium! Get the sweet room with the deck up up up above everything. Double doors that open up to a (semi-private) deck overlooking the ocean.

I think it was around $7-11 (included breakfast).

Free wifi.

Besides breakfast, dont eat to hang out here. Go to Khin's Shack down the beach.

And say hi to Lida & Charon for me. :)

#8 Posted: 29/3/2011 - 00:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Place to Stay in Sihanoukville ... By tembigirl on 3 Dec 2009 8 6784 28 Sep 2010