Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Battambang short term apartment

Posted by barbaral on 26/2/2011 at 14:27

I will be staying in Battambang for the next 3.5 months and am looking to lease an apartment. I wonder if anyone has some clues about how to go about finding a short term lease?

Your help would be appreciated.

thanks

Barbara

#1 barbaral has been a member since 12/12/2010. Posts: 6

Posted by barbaral on 26/2/2011 at 14:33

hit reply without meaning to, any help with apartments will be gratefully appreciated.

#2 barbaral has been a member since 12/12/2010. Posts: 6

Posted by Unablogger on 6/7/2011 at 00:58

Barbaral! I came across your post, and while disappointed by the lack of responses, wondering what if any experience you now have, "3-5 months" post post...(?)

Heading over within the week and planning on the first few weeks to find a place to call home for up to three months while I finish a writing project - I'm hoping where ever it is you are, you have internet access... ;)

#3 Unablogger has been a member since 5/7/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by barbaral on 6/7/2011 at 07:40

Well Unibloger,

I did not find an apartment, but did stay the four months at the Golden Palace Hotel. The rate was $12 a night. It was clean, airconditioned, with wifi, refrigerator, and they did laundry for me, one set of clothes a day. The place was generally quiet, had cable with several English channels, and the folks working there were kind and helpful. I really found it the best of all worlds.

There are plenty of inexpensive eating places nearby, so we had all of our meals out for about $2 a day. It was the best solution we could hope for,

Good luck on your endeavors. I really loved Battambang.

#4 barbaral has been a member since 12/12/2010. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.