Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

cambodia to thailand on a minsk?

• brookyred

Joined Travelfish
    15th March, 2011

hi guys,

ive tried to enter into thailand at poipet and got turned away by thai officer, wouldn't accept my offer of a good back hander, weird as i had no probs with nam or cam, ive headed down to battambang to try again at palin but fear im only gonna get one more try at this, then ill have to abanden my bike in no mans land bettween the two borders.

pls pls pls, any info or help, even just someone saying hey ive done it just for a confidance boost! plannimg to get to malaysia and this would seriously #### my trip up! thanks guys, any help would be great!

#1 Posted: 15/3/2011 - 16:39

• Advertisement

• spikemcandr-
    ew

Joined Travelfish
    15th March, 2011
    Location Ireland

hey,

check this out, and it would be great if you can let me know how you get on..

http://www.gt-rider.com/touring-information-overview/s-e-asian-border-crossings

http://www.gt-rider.com/touring-information-overview/s-e-asian-border-crossings/thailand-cambodia-border-crossings-notes

im not sure how much help this will be, apparently he also has the forms needed as a download. good luck with it!

by the way how did you get on with the borders between cambodia, laos and nam. i have no prob with nam but was wondering what i'll need for cam and laos.. the bike is viet reg in my name with all appropriate docs.. cheers for any help.

laters..

#2 Posted: 16/3/2011 - 04:23

• brookyred

Joined Travelfish
    15th March, 2011

you'll be fine mate if its reg in your name, you'll get into any country, even thai, just rock up with visa or visa on arrival, put a few bucks in your passport with bike papers at any check point. only reason the ass **** at thai border said no to me was because the bike reg is not in my name. cambodia was easy just walked straight through mate. good luck. cheers for info.

#3 Posted: 16/3/2011 - 13:47

• spikemcandr-
    ew

Joined Travelfish
    15th March, 2011
    Location Ireland

nice one mate, i'll give it a go..

-w-

#4 Posted: 16/3/2011 - 17:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.