Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Foreign Correspondent's Club (Phnom Penh way)

• steviej

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 2
    Places visited:
    At least 32

OK, okay,

It's a tad on the expensive side (for SEA) but does anybody know if they do 'Twin Rooms'.

Cheers Peeps

steviej

#1 Posted: 4/1/2007 - 07:07

• Advertisement

• TonyL

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2006

Cant help you re twin rooms at the FCC but I have some doubts about your choice. Ive been there - but not stayed - and my impression is that it is very noisy and overpriced. I believe it is about $60 - $70 per night. The location is good, bang in the middle of Sissowath Quay but to my mind it is little more than a very expensive "guest house" with no swimming pool or any of the other things that you would expect in Cambodia at that price.

A couple of alternative choices that you could consider, both with excellent locations and both definitely with twin rooms, room safes and swimming pools plus full buffet breakfasts are a) The Riverside Hotel which I have seen advertised on directrooms.com for about $28 per night - its 3 star or a 4+star at about the same price as the FCC the Cambodiana - about $70 per night inc. b'fast and taxes etc. You might get it even cheaper if you contact the hotel directly. The Cambodiana used to be the Sofitel so it is a very high standard. I stayed there last Feb. and was very satisfied - Im staying there again in Feb. this year.
    Both my suggestions are on Sissowath Quay and just a few minutes walk from the FCC. The FCC is OK for a drink and its nice to sit in their bar and look out on the river - but I certainly would not want to stay there even if it was $20 per night cheaper.
    Look at the two that I have suggested on the internet. if you can afford it - and its a similar price to the FCC - then I think that the Cambodiana would be the best choice. If you want to save a bit but have a few more facilities then go for the Riverside.

#2 Posted: 5/1/2007 - 08:49

• marianwarren

Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2006
    Total reviews: 13

Hi steviej

We recently stayed at the Indochine II on 130/5 which cost $25 for 3 double beds, good bathroom TV and fridge and again 1 week later in a 2 double beds room same facilities for $20. Very friendly and quiet and close to all the action on Sissowath Quay, especially Lemongrass restaurant - excellent food. I'd stay there again. Being off the main drag the vendor/beggars aren't so much of a problem.

Regards

Marian

#3 Posted: 5/1/2007 - 16:02

• marianwarren

Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2006
    Total reviews: 13

Hi steviej

We recently stayed at the Indochine II on 130/5 which cost $25 for 3 double beds, good bathroom TV and fridge and again 1 week later in a 2 double beds room same facilities for $20. Very friendly and quiet and close to all the action on Sissowath Quay, especially Lemongrass restaurant - excellent food. I'd stay there again. Being off the main drag the vendor/beggars aren't so much of a problem.

Regards

Marian

#4 Posted: 5/1/2007 - 16:03

• steviej

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 32

Hi Peeps,

Thanks for your replies.

I did send them an email just before Christmas and I got a reply yesterday. They don't really do Twin Rooms as such but they would set up an extra bed in the room if so wished. We've now decided not to stay there and we're going to look at your suggestions.

Cheers once again.................
    stevie

#5 Posted: 6/1/2007 - 04:06

• cathrionas

Joined Travelfish
    2nd December, 2006

More info than you need but...Last month I stayed at the Renakse Hotel $40 and it was a twin room. It was just across from the entrance to the Palace but I was disappointed with the price as there are lots of places that offer similar accommodation for a lot less. On my second night I stayed in Rory's Irish pub which was $10 and the room was smaller but the location (just by the museum) and facilities were just as good. Then I moved to backpacker land and stayed one night at Lazy Fish Guest House by the lake for $4. It wasn't the cleanest room I stayed in but for atmosphere, I loved it. Then I stayed 2 nights at the $10 Bondii Tree guest house opposite the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum which had a shared bath room but was absolutely gorgeous in every way. I managed a cocktail or 4 at the Raffles but I didn't go upmarket anymore than that. PP took me a day or 2 to get used to but I would love to go back. Keep small denominations of the local notes for people who ask you for money and don't be shocked by their absence of limbs - they are grateful for any little bit. There are lots of people from the country side who are desperate to provide you with transport but they take gentle rejection well so I found it easy to regard their offers as more of a greeting. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

#6 Posted: 6/1/2007 - 22:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Phnom Penh-Siem Reap-Phnom Penh ... By CaptainJack on 1 Mar 2014 1 1286 2 Mar 2014