Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Cambodia to Laos how to travel between the two

• mattykinder

Joined Travelfish
    26th April, 2011

Gday
    Have 20 days to do both Cambodia & Laos, have been to Cambodia before but new to Laos.
    Any suggestions on Laos itinerary ?

Also what is the best and $$ way to travel between Laos and Cambodia, are the flighst reliable?

cheers

#1 Posted: 27/4/2011 - 07:45

• Advertisement

• slapbreeya

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2011
    Location Thailand

I have never done it but there is some information here: http://www.travelfish.org/border_crossings/cambodia

#2 Posted: 27/4/2011 - 08:12

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

Cheapest way is to bus it. Cross between 4000 islands and Stung Treng. Then come to Banlung...

#3 Posted: 27/4/2011 - 08:27

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

From Cambodia to Laos? Where are you moving onto? Not sure where you need to end up so it is hard to advise. I guess if you're doing both I'd stick to the area around 4,000 Islands, Champasake, Pakse, maybe a rent a motorbike and go out to Tad Lo and/or Paksong for a night or two on the Bolaven Plateau.

#4 Posted: 27/4/2011 - 20:32

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.