Flag of Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Hualamphong to aranyaprathet

• WelshGem

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2011

Hi,

I'll be arriving in Bangkok at 19:00 and would like to get the 05:55 train the next morning from hualamphong to aranyaprathet to make the border crossing to Siem Reap the next day

I was wondering how easy it is to buy tickets at the train station early in the morning? or if it would be better to spend a day in bangkok and travel the next day? ideally I'd like to leave bangkok and get travelling ASAP any advice much appreciated!

Thanks Gem

#1 Posted: 17/5/2011 - 16:46

• Advertisement

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

I would say just go to Mo Chit as early as possible and take whatever the next bus is...

#2 Posted: 17/5/2011 - 17:07

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

That train is a 3rd class only service, which means you can just show up and buy a ticket. As far as I'm aware it isn't possible for it to be full ;-)

The bus suggested above is more comfortable and faster, but I like that train trip - pack a book and don't forget your camera.

#3 Posted: 17/5/2011 - 19:35

• Seby_C

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2011

Hi Gem,

Yes I agree - the bus is more comfortable than the train. I've done this trip many times and it is a million times better than it used to be with the road having been asphalted all the way from Aranyaphathet to Siem Reap a couple of years ago. that said, some scams do still exist, but with a bit of preparation this can be an easy, smooth 8-9 hour door to door trip.
    I recommend the following - a long read but covering every small detail to make sure the ride is as smooth as possible.

Good luck!

http://www.talesofasia.com/cambodia-overland-bkksr-self.htm

#4 Posted: 18/5/2011 - 14:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Hualamphong Station going to Aranyaprathet ... By jedai2007 on 9 Jul 2014 11 686 22 Jul 2014